Modme Forums

Youtube copyrights

Modme | General

ModmeBot:

Thread By: meepmeep
We all know it, playing a wicked map and after uploading it, you are not able to create money form it as its copyrighted due a song in an Easter Egg or in-game itself.

This is annoying as we all know, but i might have the solution for this.

I have a registered license in streaming music online. This means i can also place music in videos and uploading it on YouTube without any problems. When you get flagged, just give them your license key of the registered company you are. For me, this would be buma and sena licenses that i need to show. in 99% of the cases, the complaint gets dropped. But sometimes, the fakers can still dispute it. in that case, you have the fully rights to start an lawsuit against the claimer and trust me, they will back off quickly.

Buma talked with me and they let me even know that i'm allowed to use music in my YouTube videos. I'm paying for a license for ''streaming music'' and videos are included in that category. This even works with Facebook as well when you are live streaming there. ( not that u would make money on FB with it, but its always good to know )

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TrueGamerCalls
Why do people only care about making money off of Youtube? Especially Gaming, its stupid. Its kinda too late for that

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202
I should put more copyrighted music in my maps. Then people would have a harder time making money off of them

ModmeBot:

Reply By: D-2-K

Abnormal202
I should put more copyrighted music in my maps. Then people would have a harder time making money off of them

Agreed these so called Zombie youtuber's get money from subs and adverts from playing everyone's maps do they donate to the people who created them of course not it's a bit of a joke really

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21
make sure you dont mark your music on the music channel, that will really piss off the youtubers

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
make sure you dont mark your music on the music channel, that will really piss off the youtubers

of course. Make sure they have to turn all of the volume down if they want to stop hearing it

ModmeBot:

Reply By: D-2-K

Harry Bo21

Whahahahaha

ModmeBot:

Reply By: meepmeep
its kinda sad how people reacting on this. some youtubers would like to earn a bit on the side. Not only for zombie maps but a lot more. Some labels are not interested in reuploads at all and if you have such song in your ''easter egg'' or ''music box'' that could ruin people their uploads, even if they are not intended to make money at all.

For me, its a good way to earn a bit on the side. Reason? simple. i started with nothing, mostly like anyone else. I don't buy subs or likes. i get the income with some google ads on the website as well for youtube. You all should be happy that we don't see any ads on modme. Meaning that the server is paid with a good amount of cash at the start or cuz of donators. I have nothing, literally nothing. Being 100% rejected for work while i'm 27. Meaning, because of my ''concentration problems, shaking hands, ADHD'' i'm not allowed to work. sorry but f%ck that, i have way more things to do in life than sitting home waiting to be 70 years old right?

Why would i do nothing while we have the internet to try for creating something we like to do. yes, i know that for gaming is way to late...... or not? i have partners across the world. From NCsoft till epic games and from chubby pixel till fluffy fairy games. I have translated 2 games into fully dutch ( idle miner tycoon and Catan universe ( colonists of Catan online ) ). What did i get in return? some codes for free stuff. i don't care about earning huge amounts of money. I still pay 95% of all costs i make but would love to reduce it a bit so we can keep the website online for longer.

So, yes.. i would love to earn a bit on the side. Even my mods i release doesn't have an easter egg for music. Why would i? youtube is cleaning, changing its rules to make it even harder for everyone.

ModmeBot:

"my hands shake and i have adhd" is not a reason not to work mate

I work right now with a guy who has both autism AND adhd - in a pub ffs

like 1/3 of the world has some form of disability, thats why the disability acts exist. You cannot be refused work based on disability discrimination. If they do - you could sue them

Fuck i worked in a call centre with a guy who was fucking BLIND and 90% of that work was on a fucking computer / phone lol

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Ping998

meepmeep
its kinda sad how people reacting on this. some youtubers would like to earn a bit on the side. Not only for zombie maps but a lot more. Some labels are not interested in reuploads at all and if you have such song in your ''easter egg'' or ''music box'' that could ruin people their uploads, even if they are not intended to make money at all. For me, its a good way to earn a bit on the side. Reason? simple. i started with nothing, mostly like anyone else. I don't buy subs or likes. i get the income with some google ads on the website as well for youtube. You all should be happy that we don't see any ads on modme. Meaning that the server is paid with a good amount of cash at the start or cuz of donators. I have nothing, literally nothing. Being 100% rejected for work while i'm 27. Meaning, because of my ''concentration problems, shaking hands, ADHD'' i'm not allowed to work. sorry but f%ck that, i have way more things to do in life than sitting home waiting to be 70 years old right? Why would i do nothing while we have the internet to try for creating something we like to do. yes, i know that for gaming is way to late...... or not? i have partners across the world. From NCsoft till epic games and from chubby pixel till fluffy fairy games. I have translated 2 games into fully dutch ( idle miner tycoon and Catan universe ( colonists of Catan online ) ). What did i get in return? some codes for free stuff. i don't care about earning huge amounts of money. I still pay 95% of all costs i make but would love to reduce it a bit so we can keep the website online for longer. So, yes.. i would love to earn a bit on the side. Even my mods i release doesn't have an easter egg for music. Why would i? youtube is cleaning, changing its rules to make it even harder for everyone.

Eh I think you should think about the people who spend months and months of their own free time making content for you with no money in it for them. Then the people who PLAY the maps are the ones getting paid.

ModmeBot:

... who also do that “as well as” doing real jobs 60 hours a week

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Ping998

Harry Bo21
... who also do that “as well as” doing real jobs 60 hours a week

Exactly.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: meepmeep

Harry Bo21
"my hands shake and i have adhd" is not a reason not to work mate I work right now with a guy who has both autism AND adhd - in a pub ffs like 1/3 of the world has some form of disability, thats why the disability acts exist. You cannot be refused work based on disability discrimination. If they do - you could sue them Fuck i worked in a call centre with a guy who was fucking BLIND and 90% of that work was on a fucking computer / phone lol

I wish it was possible for me to work. But the Netherlands is a bit weird with its rules. Even I'm 100% rejected, searching for a job doesn't help at all. After they added the BSN number ( your document number on your ID card or passport ) the system will say that I'm 100% rejected. There is only one company that I can always call if I'm getting crazy at home to drive with someone and deliver some beer and soda cans to the local nightclubs ( payed in black for it ).

my whole life is one big rollercoaster with its ups and downs, but I still managed to keep myself up with doing at least something. it's better than going on the streets and making bad friends.

Yes, I also know that the content people created such as harry's perks and guns, for example, if there was a PayPal donation button, I won't mind donating for custom work. Back with world at war, harry was being overloaded with the question '' can you use 2 FF files into one '' I would go crazy as well if i was harry. But I won't mind it if someone would say to give a contribution to the work you did.

Another example, a friend of mine ported all mw3 content and models and textures for me so i could use them for the mods, i gave him mw3 for it to do the porting as he loved the game but didn't had it anymore cuz his disk is more gray with hundreds of scratches.

might be an idea to add an extra link to the user's profile that you can use for PayPal donations? or is it still not allowed to compensate people that work on content for maps? ( as its fan made goal purposes )

ModmeBot:

meepmeep
Harry Bo21 "my hands shake and i have adhd" is not a reason not to work mate I work right now with a guy who has both autism AND adhd - in a pub ffs like 1/3 of the world has some form of disability, thats why the disability acts exist. You cannot be refused work based on disability discrimination. If they do - you could sue them Fuck i worked in a call centre with a guy who was fucking BLIND and 90% of that work was on a fucking computer / phone lol I wish it was possible for me to work. But the Netherlands is a bit weird with its rules. Even I'm 100% rejected, searching for a job doesn't help at all. After they added the BSN number ( your document number on your ID card or passport ) the system will say that I'm 100% rejected. There is only one company that I can always call if I'm getting crazy at home to drive with someone and deliver some beer and soda cans to the local nightclubs ( payed in black for it ). my whole life is one big rollercoaster with its ups and downs, but I still managed to keep myself up with doing at least something. it's better than going on the streets and making bad friends. Yes, I also know that the content people created such as harry's perks and guns, for example, if there was a PayPal donation button, I won't mind donating for custom work. Back with world at war, harry was being overloaded with the question '' can you use 2 FF files into one '' I would go crazy as well if i was harry. But I won't mind it if someone would say to give a contribution to the work you did. Another example, a friend of mine ported all mw3 content and models and textures for me so i could use them for the mods, i gave him mw3 for it to do the porting as he loved the game but didn't had it anymore cuz his disk is more gray with hundreds of scratches. might be an idea to add an extra link to the user's profile that you can use for PayPal donations? or is it still not allowed to compensate people that work on content for maps? ( as its fan made goal purposes )

The problem is not that people aren't allowed to ask for donations, or that modders don't remember to ask for them enough, the problem is that people just don't donate. It's kinda sad, but I can understand why. I've had a donation link for years, and made sure to show it with every map release and have never received a cent. Maybe you can say "well that's cause your maps are sh*t" and well, while I can't argue with that, I know many people who make amazing and well-respected maps who also never receive any donations. The truth is, doing YouTube to make money is far easier than modding to make money, and I think a lot of modders are a bit envious of that (myself included) because modding also takes a lot more time and work. Then someone else plays the thing you spent a year of hard work, collaboration, and problem-solving on, and they make thousands of dollars off of your map that you get 0 of. What's especially annoying is when they don't even bother to mention the author's name, or link the mod in the description. It's just a smack in the face.

However, we keep on modding. Why? Because no one who does this is in it for the money, or the fame. Because if they were, they would have figured out Bo3 modding is not where the money or fame is, and would've moved on.

If you're in the YouTube game, good luck. I recognize that YouTube as a career is still very hard until you reach fame. Just don't expect sympathy from the modders, who are used to being stepped on and leached off of by YouTubers. All they want is to create something people can enjoy, not something for others to make money off of.