Modme Forums

How to have custom playermodels?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Models & Animation

Clippy95:

Hello, i want to know how to get custom playermodels working? that are not from newer/ previous Call Of Duty games, I have the models.

ThomasCat:

Are the models binded?

Pepergogo:

Are the models binded?

Hi, yeah I use custom models too, but they look a little weird and I don't know how to fix it
What I do is put a Black Ops 3 rig into my model, then bind the skin, but have this weird like broken look
I try different bind skin types, but still the same

Clippy95:

Are the models binded?

yes

DTZxPorter:

Hi, yeah I use custom models too, but they look a little weird and I don't know how to fix it
What I do is put a Black Ops 3 rig into my model, then bind the skin, but have this weird like broken look
I try different bind skin types, but still the same

This is more an issue with your weights, they aren't binded properly which results in the deformations. You need to learn how to paint and adjust weights in Maya. The easiest way to test them before going into the game is to import an animation onto the rig in Maya to test it.

Pepergogo:

This is more an issue with your weights, they aren't binded properly which results in the deformations. You need to learn how to paint and adjust weights in Maya. The easiest way to test them before going into the game is to import an animation onto the rig in Maya to test it.

Thanks lot! I'll try it asap
You're a real hero

Clippy95:

still looking for help.

DTZxPorter:

still looking for help.

If you want the simple way, you can find the name of the xmodel for each character using Wraith/Greyhound and then, rename your custom xmodels as the in-game ones, and add the names to the zone file.

xmodel,<name_found>

This will override the existing in-game model with yours if you name them the same...