Modme Forums

Change character icons?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

hogarth935:

Is there a way to change these icons to something else? I've changed the character models to my own models but not sure about how to go about changing the icons on the left, help is very much appreciated

DTZxPorter:

Using Wraith/Greyhound, select the 'Loaded XImages' setting with the map loaded and use that to find the names of the images you wish to replace, when you find them, the new image assets in APE must be image 2d.

hogarth935:

Using Wraith/Greyhound, select the 'Loaded XImages' setting with the map loaded and use that to find the names of the images you wish to replace, when you find them, the new image assets in APE must be image 2d.

Ah thank you very much!

hogarth935:

Sorry to reraise the problem as I've only now had a chance to try what you've said, but I cant seem to get it to work. I've made the new assets in ape as you've said as a image 2d, with the exact same names as the ones I extracted from wraith but everytime I recompile and link, they still stay as default. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I'm not sure what

Wild:

Sorry to reraise the problem as I've only now had a chance to try what you've said, but I cant seem to get it to work. I've made the new assets in ape as you've said as a image 2d, with the exact same names as the ones I extracted from wraith but everytime I recompile and link, they still stay as default. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I'm not sure what

Sounds like you haven't added the images to the bottom of your map's zone file. Without adding it there it won't override with your custom images and will just use the default ones. Open up your map's zone file by right clicking the map inside of the mod tools launcher and selecting "Edit Zone File". Then somewhere near the bottom of your zone add this:

//Custom Player Icons
image,name_1
image,name_2
image,name_3
image,name_4

I don't know the name of the images so that's why I didn't name them, but just replace "name_1, name_2, name_3, and name_4" with the 4 image names. Then link your map and try again ;)

hogarth935:

Sounds like you haven't added the images to the bottom of your map's zone file. Without adding it there it won't override with your custom images and will just use the default ones. Open up your map's zone file by right clicking the map inside of the mod tools launcher and selecting "Edit Zone File". Then somewhere near the bottom of your zone add this:

//Custom Player Icons
image,name_1
image,name_2
image,name_3
image,name_4

I don't know the name of the images so that's why I didn't name them, but just replace "name_1, name_2, name_3, and name_4" with the 4 image names. Then link your map and try again ;)

I've put that at the bottom of my zone file and that didn't seem to do it, I saw in the log it say it converted the images and such but ingame they dont appear.

//Character Icons
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_score_char1
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_score_char2
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_score_char3
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_score_char4

Wild:

I've put that at the bottom of my zone file and that didn't seem to do it, I saw in the log it say it converted the images and such but ingame they dont appear.

//Character Icons
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_score_char1
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_score_char2
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_score_char3
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_score_char4

Would you mind posting a screenshot of one of the images in APE? I just wanna make sure the settings/names are how they should be. If it looks fine I'll play around with changing them myself and see if I can figure it out for you.

hogarth935:

Would you mind posting a screenshot of one of the images in APE? I just wanna make sure the settings/names are how they should be. If it looks fine I'll play around with changing them myself and see if I can figure it out for you.

DTZxPorter:

Uncheck streamable too

hogarth935:

Uncheck streamable too

Still doesn't replace them ingame sadly

hogarth935:

Another thing to add is that it seems to try to load the image but doesnt really do it, the 8 x 8 images are just blank pictures so not sure whats happening there