Modme Forums

Cube Skybox

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Asset Importing

beginnings_end:

Hello, I was wondering if someone could walk me through how to add a cube skybox into radiant. I have a Single DDS Cube Map, (.dds) file and i have 6 images (.png and .jpg). I don't know which would be better. I have seen a couple of tutorials on how to add a single panorama (.exr) but that has not helped. If someone could walk me through how to add it into APE and radiant, (or link me to a post that already has) that would be amazing. Thanks. :)

DTZxPorter:

I always found the easiest way was to just convert it, take the images and align them like shown here, and pass it through the generator.
Cubemap -> Panorama

beginnings_end:

Thanks. I keep getting these errors in ape

and in radiant it looks like this.

how can I fix this?

Thanks for the help.

DTZxPorter:

Did you forget to change the image type back because it's not a cubemap anymore?

beginnings_end:

I Have it set to Texture image type in the image asset and it is still giving me these errors
ERROR:Invalid cube image size (8192x4096) for image'texture_assets\custom\custom_skybox\complex_purple_nebula\purple_nebula_complex1.exr'
ERROR:Image type mismatch for 'skybox_test_3_ft' in material 'mtl_skybox_test_3'

Followed multiple tutorials, don't know how this is not working. Thanks for the help.

Scobalula:

Check the other skyboxes provided, make sure its set to HDR at the very least:

I've used the site Porter linked to convert MWR skyboxes to the format Bo3 uses and it worked fine, also make sure to set up a material and SSI (you can duplicate stock assets and tweak them to your needs). :)

beginnings_end:

Check the other skyboxes provided, make sure its set to HDR at the very least:

I've used the site Porter linked to convert MWR skyboxes to the format Bo3 uses and it worked fine, also make sure to set up a material and SSI (you can duplicate stock assets and tweak them to your needs). :)

I have spent way too long trying to get this to work with no success. I followed Ice grenades tutorial multiple times. If i gave you the image could someone make a gdt for me? That would be amazing so i could learn how to put sky boxes in myself. Thank you very much for your time.

Images of skybox, and my settings in ape.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TTtD9hDSv0nsErMUPd31rPMAQkwcSBhu

P.S. I am am 99% sure that the skybox is copyright free. if you want to use it.
I got it here
http://alexcpeterson.com/spacescape/