Modme Forums

How to add a sound to a door opening

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

xReaction:

So understanding this will be very beneficial to me so i can implement it into any trigger I like. I want to add a sound to opening my door, similar to the sound that plays on nacht when you open the classic sliding door. I have all the sound files I need, they're in my alias, I just need to know how to add it to my doors trigger. Thanks 😁

Scobalula:

Looking at _zm_blockers.gsc it looks like if you set the kvp script_sound it will play the sound set, worth a try.

xReaction:

Looking at _zm_blockers.gsc it looks like if you set the kvp script_sound it will play the sound set, worth a try.

I did try that, but i think you need a specific targetname for that, and obviously i cant change the targetname for the door (which is zombie_door). unless there's something i'm missing, i dont think that will work. I will have a look at that script to see if i can find anything else tho. Thanks dude

Slayin:

Literally just make a KVP on the trigger for your doors, 'script_sound' being the key, and the name of your sound as defined in your sound alias as the value. Shouldn't be that hard tbh

xReaction:

Literally just make a KVP on the trigger for your doors, 'script_sound' being the key, and the name of your sound as defined in your sound alias as the value. Shouldn't be that hard tbh

yeh but for some reason it only works on debris :/