Modme Forums

Models and textures not loading (SOLVED)

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

Jayden1020:

Recently Radiant's began acting up. Models and textures randomly stop loading up in the browser and whenever I try to place something the app crashes. The same thing happens with certain models like the corrugated sheet metals even though those models load up in the browser. I've tried looking around on APE to see if something's wrong and I've tried reinstalling BO3 Modtools but nothing's worked so far.

DTZxPorter:

Does this happen on a stock / new map?

Jayden1020:

Does this happen on a stock / new map?

I noticed it on my work in progress map but I haven't checked to see if it's happening on any other maps I have yet.

DTZxPorter:

It may be the GDTDB file, which you can safely delete and have rebuilt... Also, when reinstalling the modtools, I'm guessing you just used steam. Steam won't delete anything that wasn't created by the installation, so changes that you've made can still cause an issue.

VerK0:

How much VRAM & RAM do you have? You might want to try increasing your pagefile as well.

Jayden1020:

How much VRAM & RAM do you have? You might want to try increasing your pagefile as well.

It says my RAM is 4/7.9GB

Jayden1020:

It may be the GDTDB file, which you can safely delete and have rebuilt... Also, when reinstalling the modtools, I'm guessing you just used steam. Steam won't delete anything that wasn't created by the installation, so changes that you've made can still cause an issue.

I checked one of my other maps that have the same models I tried using and it doesn't even load up, it freezes when it begins loading up the map. How would I go about deleting and rebuilding those files?

VerK0:

Only 4-8GB? I have 16GB of RAM and run out instantly with radiant. Make your pagefile 48-128GB, mines 128gb and still I manage to run out of memory sometimes lol.

Jayden1020:

Only 4-8GB? I have 16GB of RAM and run out instantly with radiant. Make your pagefile 48-128GB, mines 128gb and still I manage to run out of memory sometimes lol.

I'm on a gaming laptop so that might be the reason lol.

DTZxPorter:

I checked one of my other maps that have the same models I tried using and it doesn't even load up, it freezes when it begins loading up the map. How would I go about deleting and rebuilding those files?

The GDTDB file is easy, you can just search for it and delete it, if you want to clear everything, rename the folder, then reinstall from steam. Once installed check if the clean version of the modtools works, if so, it's something you've added.

Jayden1020:

The GDTDB file is easy, you can just search for it and delete it, if you want to clear everything, rename the folder, then reinstall from steam. Once installed check if the clean version of the modtools works, if so, it's something you've added.

I tried renaming the folder and when I went to reinstall it from steam, it started reinstalling steam as if I were on a new computer so I changed the folder back to its original name. I just deleted the GDTDB file from the folder instead. Where in Steam do I have to go to reinstall it?

This1sAUsername:

I tried renaming the folder and when I went to reinstall it from steam, it started reinstalling steam as if I were on a new computer so I changed the folder back to its original name. I just deleted the GDTDB file from the folder instead. Where in Steam do I have to go to reinstall it?

STEAM-> LIBRARY -> Right click on bo3 mod tools -> PROPERTIES -> LOCAL FILES -> VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME TOOLS

Edit: backup anything important just in case!

DTZxPorter:

The issue is you need to go through that process to easily remove what you've done... If you want it fixed this is most likely what you'll have to endure.

Jayden1020:

The issue is you need to go through that process to easily remove what you've done... If you want it fixed this is most likely what you'll have to endure.

Sorry for the late reply but I renamed the file without any problems this time and nothing changed when I reinstalled it. 😭

DTZxPorter:

Does your laptop have a regular hdd?

Jayden1020:

Does your laptop have a regular hdd?

It does not. Do you think doing the same steps with the GDTDB would work if I tried it with the Radiant files? Kind of like a reset feature?

Jayden1020:

I got the models working again, I just did the steps you said with the GDTDB to another folder that had the models in it. But now I'm having computer problems so I can't use Steam or any other games 😭 thanks for the help everyone :)(y)