Modme Forums

Goliath boss

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

steviewonder87:

FlameLeo will be releasing stuff for you guys instead so use that :)

rainisyourpain:

this will go decently with my box one window 'challenge' map

steviewonder87:

this will go decently with my box one window 'challenge' map

Cool, just don't steal it and reupload it under your name please, you know, like you did with Redspace's jump pads 👍

rainisyourpain:

Cool, just don't steal it and reupload it under your name please, you know, like you did with Redspace's jump pads 👍

didnt plan on it
also could you dm me a link to the scripting server?

[ Edicius ]:

Hey there! Very nice add to the community I must say :D One thing I did notice when compiling is that the compiler gave me an error saying that

^3WARNING: "explosion_generic" is not a valid rumble asset.

Not too sure what it means, but I just commented it out for right now.

Thanks for taking all the time that you do to make the maps, and release the content that you have over the years!! It has been quite enjoyable

steviewonder87:

I've included that rumble in the updated Scavenger .gdt now, if you grab that that error will go away. Alternatively you can replace it with a different rumble that is stock or download Harry's rumble pack.

[ Edicius ]:

Ahhh right on!! That's awesome haha.

One thing I do have a question on is can I use both the Shrieker Zombie from HarryBO21 AND the Goliath Zombie? I had the Shrieker's originally, and adding in the Goliath Zombie did not seem to spawn in. I don't know if they're overridden by the Shriekers since they use the same script, but I would like to find a way to have both in the map if it's possible. I kept the original Shrieker scripts instead of the ones in the Goliath archive because I didn't know if it would break the Shriekers and what all was changed in the script.

steviewonder87:

You'll need to rename the scripts and a bunch of other shit to get them to be compatible together. It would be a fair bit of work and would require some degree of knowledge to do.

[ Edicius ]:

Yeah.. that would definitely be something outside of my skill range haha. All I really know how to do is copy and paste what people tell me in their instruction and change variables a little bit. Other than that, I'm script illiterate. Oh well :p

FlameLeo:

Would it be too much to ask for you to make it compatible ?

steviewonder87:

Yes

[ Edicius ]:

Well I've been messing around with it and I managed to get the Goliath in game with the Shrieker as well, but it behaves like the Shrieker right now so I still have some tweaking to do. One thing I'm not sure how to do is create a new archetype, but I will look around to see how it's done. I'll let you know if I get it working fully!

steviewonder87:

Look at the archetype I made in APE

[ Edicius ]:

I'm looking at that right now but I'm not sure how to get different zombie types into the drop down menu. Like, you see in the screen shot, there's zombie_sonic, zombie_napalm, and the other default ones. Getting the Goliath as a selectable Archtype from that menu is what I am not sure how to do. Right now I have it set as zombie_sonic but I'm gonna keep tinkering with it haha. I'll keep you posted. If I manage to get it working, would you be willing to upload that version as an option? :p :sneaky: I don't want to step on anyone's toes by just uploading it without asking

steviewonder87:

Oh yeah those are preset, don't think you can make new ones

[ Edicius ]:

That's surprising honestly. Makes me wonder if Treyarch meant to include assets for them but didn't or if HarryBO21 figured out how to create one himself and worked his magic.
But do you think that will impact the Goliath if I keep it on the Zombie_Sonic setting? I've renamed everything in the files and some of the files themselves, but I don't know if the scripts call that archetype by name and if it's going to look for a Goliath archetype or not. Something I'll find out I suppose haha

[ Edicius ]:

So I got the animations working and the sounds as well, but there is some linger Shrieker assets that are called by the Goliath. For example if it does the ground smash, it plays the Shrieker sonic blast pulse noise along with the ground smash noise. Then when it dies, it plays the particle effects that the Shrieker does as well as the blast pulse noise. I'm gonna look around the files to see if I can figure out what causes it and if I can change it.

FlameLeo:

[ Edicius ] You are awesome !!!

[ Edicius ]:

FlameLeo aye man thanks haha.

FlameLeo:

[ Edicius ]
I figured out how to create zombie types in the drop down menu

1. Go to SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\deffiles
2. Open "aitype.awi" in sublime
3. Click find and search "zombie_sonic" (there should be 2 results)
4. add "| zombie_goliath |" to both results
5. Save

Here is a screenshot of mine, I hope this helps :) !

[ Edicius ]:

Awesome dude thanks! I will give this a try soon. Have you been able to get the Goliath and the Shrieker in game at the same time as well?

FlameLeo:

[QUOTE="[ Edicius ], post: 12669, member: 91"]
Awesome dude thanks! I will give this a try soon. Have you been able to get the Goliath and the Shrieker in game at the same time as well?
[/QUOTE]
No I decided to do some other boss zombie types since you’re already doing the Goliath using the sonic zombie as a base the first one I’m doing is kotal khan from mortal kombat credit goes to killjoy for the rigged model

with my efforts I’ve gotten both kotal and the sonic zombie to spawn in but kotal does nothing after he spawns in just stands there

Death and spawn animations work with fx however his eyes glow as well

Any idea how to make him go after you and attack do I need to create running anims ? Or is there a way to make him do it automatically like when you create a zombie variant

steviewonder87:

No I decided to do some other boss zombie types since you’re already doing the Goliath using the sonic zombie as a base the first one I’m doing is kotal khan from mortal kombat credit goes to killjoy for the rigged model

with my efforts I’ve gotten both kotal and the sonic zombie to spawn in but kotal does nothing after he spawns in just stands there

Death and spawn animations work with fx however his eyes glow as well

Any idea how to make him go after you and attack do I need to create running anims ? Or is there a way to make him do it automatically like when you create a zombie variant

Are you making an Aztec themed map then? I specifically asked Killjoy to rig that model as I wanted to use him as a boss in my upcoming Aztec themed map, I already have him finished. I would rather you didn't do that (not sure if you'll manage to get him working anyway) as I wanted to have something unique and fitting for my map. I guess this is what I get for releasing my stuff I suppose. I'll probably release him after my map is released anyway.

FlameLeo:

Are you making an Aztec themed map then? I specifically asked Killjoy to rig that model as I wanted to use him as a boss in my upcoming Aztec themed map, I already have him finished. I would rather you didn't do that (not sure if you'll manage to get him working anyway) as I wanted to have something unique and fitting for my map. I guess this is what I get for releasing my stuff I suppose. I'll probably release him after my map is released anyway.

Relax buddy no one is trying to step on any toes, killjoy released the rigged model to the public so good luck with stopping the community from doing it because if I came up with the idea I'm sure someone else has by now (Oh also I already have him working now by the way). Should have asked him to keep it private I suppose.

I wasn't planning on releasing but I might considering your efforts to make things compatible :)

steviewonder87:

Relax buddy no one is trying to step on any toes, killjoy released the rigged model to the public so good luck with stopping the community from doing it because if I came up with the idea I'm sure someone else has by now (Oh also I already have him working now by the way). Should have asked him to keep it private I suppose.

I wasn't planning on releasing but I might considering your efforts to make things compatible :)

Dickheads like you are why people don't like releasing their stuff :rolleyes: I knew I'd just get ungrateful assholes so it's my own fault really, I should have known better by now. Oh well. I'm sure your version will be shit anyway so you're right you're not stepping on any toes.

Was planning on releasing a bunch of other stuff after my map comes out but won't be bothering now.

FlameLeo:

Dickheads like you are why people don't like releasing their stuff :rolleyes: I knew I'd just get ungrateful assholes so it's my own fault really, I should have known better by now. Oh well. I'm sure your version will be shit anyway so you're right you're not stepping on any toes.

Was planning on releasing a bunch of other stuff after my map comes out but won't be bothering now.

Awww someone is mad :ROFLMAO: do you mean shit like the goliath release which is just a glorified sonic zombie skin :rolleyes: didn't know you'd copy hb21's attitude too, I guess individuality is lost on some people though :censored:

steviewonder87:

Awww someone is mad :ROFLMAO: do you mean shit like the goliath release which is just a glorified sonic zombie skin :rolleyes: didn't know you'd copy hb21's attitude too, I guess individuality is lost on some people though :censored:

Yeah I'm mad at myself for releasing stuff for the community to use tbh. I know it's full of ungrateful cunts like you but against my better judgement I still decided to do it. Like I said no one to blame but myself I should have known better. Anyway look forward to seeing all the cool stuff you're going to release instead, I'm sure they'll be amazing 👍 😏

Ping998:

Not all the community is like that stevie. Lots of folk like myself are very grateful for the help you give and the amazing things you provide. Unfortunately there is a small vocal minority but I know for a fact your work is appreciated. Tbh anything that's released on the site is greatly appreciated - weapons, tools, bosses etc etc.

CrazyBullen:

Why would anyone except Spiki who was so nice and made it in the description:

to spawn a brutus use this line:
boss = zm_cellbreaker::spawn_brutus(health);

And I made this one work >>>
to spawn a avogadro use this line:
boss = thread zm_ai_avogadro::avogadro_spawn();

Would be the same on the other bosses. Like Goliath.
hb21_zm_ai_sonic::sonic_zombie_spawner(); <<< [This is how I thought it would be, but No, Error..]
Unresolved external 'hb21_zm_ai_sonic::sonic_zombie_spawner'

Ofc every Modder want to make different boss fighter, or survival challenge to spawn bosses around you instead of just the Rounds decide when he spawns ..
So anyone who want to fix so Goliath can be spawn as a boss. I already got the Healthbar, so need to spawn him as a Named one, like this:

Boss = hb21_zm_ai_sonic::sonic_zombie_spawner(30000) <<<

[ Edicius ]:

Why would anyone except Spiki who was so nice and made it in the description:

to spawn a brutus use this line:
boss = zm_cellbreaker::spawn_brutus(health);

And I made this one work >>>
to spawn a avogadro use this line:
boss = thread zm_ai_avogadro::avogadro_spawn();

Would be the same on the other bosses. Like Goliath.
hb21_zm_ai_sonic::sonic_zombie_spawner(); <<< [This is how I thought it would be, but No, Error..]
Unresolved external 'hb21_zm_ai_sonic::sonic_zombie_spawner'

Ofc every Modder want to make different boss fighter, or survival challenge to spawn bosses around you instead of just the Rounds decide when he spawns ..
So anyone who want to fix so Goliath can be spawn as a boss. I already got the Healthbar, so need to spawn him as a Named one, like this:

Boss = hb21_zm_ai_sonic::sonic_zombie_spawner(30000) <<<

Idk if this will help you but I was able to disconnect the Goliath's reliance on the sonic zombies files by renaming everything in the files included with the download that contains the word sonic to the word goliath. If you replace every instance of sonic with goliath, you should be able to separate it. Notepad++ has a function to replace searched words in all opened files and you could easily open all the files in that, search sonic, and replace all instances of sonic with goliath at one time.

Hope that helps!

ItzRexx-_-:

poor guy deleted goliath, rip in chat