Modme Forums

waw asset porting

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Asset Importing

jfuvv:

anyone know how to part waw textures to bo3 the steps needed ???

RaGe-74:

Yes...
1.. You need to rip all the textures from either the IWD files (then convert IWD to DDS, DDS to TIFF or PNG (since BO3 doesn't support DDS), or use Greyhound to rip straight to PNG or TIFF.
2.. You (should, but don't have to) separate Decals, Normals, Occlusion, Specular and Diffuse into separate directories. All these images should be in a subdirectory of \BO3\texture_assets
3.. You need to create a MATERIAL name which contains the Diffuse, Normal, Occlusion and Specular for EVERY SINGLE TEXTURE.
4.. You need to save the GDT which contains all the Material names in the same directory as the Images, or one directory below.
5.. You then need to set up each material as a what it is supposed to be.. Is it a solid texture, Transparent or a decal ? Is it Metal, Rubber, dirt etc, is it terrain or a wall ?

It is a long, long process. Good luck !

jfuvv:

Yes...
1.. You need to rip all the textures from either the IWD files (then convert IWD to DDS, DDS to TIFF or PNG (since BO3 doesn't support DDS), or use Greyhound to rip straight to PNG or TIFF.
2.. You (should, but don't have to) separate Decals, Normals, Occlusion, Specular and Diffuse into separate directories. All these images should be in a subdirectory of \BO3\texture_assets
3.. You need to create a MATERIAL name which contains the Diffuse, Normal, Occlusion and Specular for EVERY SINGLE TEXTURE.
4.. You need to save the GDT which contains all the Material names in the same directory as the Images, or one directory below.
5.. You then need to set up each material as a what it is supposed to be.. Is it a solid texture, Transparent or a decal ? Is it Metal, Rubber, dirt etc, is it terrain or a wall ?

It is a long, long process. Good luck !

thats the thing pal how do you rip from iwd as grayhound doesnt load the waw doesnt supperot for some reason got any tool names i can look up and thank you man helping me out with my falel error that worked spot on

RaGe-74:

the IWD files can be opened with WinRar

The IWI files need the program IWIXDDS
DOWNLOAD IWIXDDS

Once it's a DDS, you will need to Convert it again to a PNG. You can do this with NOESIS under the TOOLS > BATCH PROCESS window.
DOWNLOAD NOESIS

Change the OUTPUT PATH, Input Extension, Output Extension, then click Folder Batch and select where the DDS files are located.
Click Export and Voila! It'll take a while..there's alot of files....so maybe do it before you go to bed\go to work so you can leave the pc do it's thing.

Then it's a matter of importing all the materials, creating GDT's. All I can suggest is make one Material with a dummy name, dummy diffuse map, dummy normal, and save it as a template.gdt. Create a batch file\program that copies this template.gdt to all the material names you have.

jfuvv:

the IWD files can be opened with WinRar

The IWI files need the program IWIXDDS
DOWNLOAD IWIXDDS

Once it's a DDS, you will need to Convert it again to a PNG. You can do this with NOESIS under the TOOLS > BATCH PROCESS window.
DOWNLOAD NOESIS

Change the OUTPUT PATH, Input Extension, Output Extension, then click Folder Batch and select where the DDS files are located.
Click Export and Voila! It'll take a while..there's alot of files....so maybe do it before you go to bed\go to work so you can leave the pc do it's thing.

Then it's a matter of importing all the materials, creating GDT's. All I can suggest is make one Material with a dummy name, dummy diffuse map, dummy normal, and save it as a template.gdt. Create a batch file\program that copies this template.gdt to all the material names you have.

your the man rage thank you