Modme Forums

Split screen causing unplayable fps drop (ON ONE MAP ONLY)

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

MyNameIsNobody:

Every time I try and play split-screen on one of my custom maps my fps goes from ~144fps to less than 1fps and of course that is unplayable. Everything runs smoothly on solo on this map, and on split-screen on any other map including all my other custom maps. Has anyone else run into this and know how to fix or what could be the problem? I've searched google and the forums here but haven't found anyone else with the same issue so far...

EDIT: Map worked fine on split-screen just a couple weeks ago...I haven't changed anything script-wise all I've done that I can recall is edit the map in radiant. Something else I noticed around the same time was that in radiant models/textures would go invisible at a distance unless I'm viewing it in "game mode" but I don't see how any of that would cause fps on split-screen to drop to essentially zero.

UPDATE: Map plays ok-ish on split-screen if I set my max fps to 50 or less....again this makes no sense as all my other maps, all treyarch maps, and all custom maps from steam I can play @ ~144fps on split-screen with no hiccups.

pc specs: (ACER PREDATOR HELIOS 300)
GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Video Card
I7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
16gb Ram
All drivers up to date

If anyone has any ideas on what I could do to fix this plz reply.