Modme Forums

Can someone help or give advice?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

Soggy_Shaw:

I keep getting this error when I try to link and compile my map:

^1 level.pathdist_type

^1-------------------^

^1ERR(0) scripts/zm/zm_soggy_flyingship_v1.gsc (122,20) : syntax error, unexpected TOKEN_IDENTIFIER, expecting $end : level.pathdist_type

I have checked my GSC lines 122 and 20 but there is no misspellings or any mistakes yet I keep getting the error. I haven't even made any changes to line 122 which is: level.pathdist_type = PATHDIST_ORIGINAL;

I just recently added madgaz's perk standalone pack and followed the steps in which I had to download libtiff64r.dll from modme. I added that to my BO3 bin file and than after a little more editing of my map I went to link and compile and got this error.

Can anyone help with my issue? I would greatly appreciate it.

Spiki:

might be the line above.
post entire function

Soggy_Shaw:

might be the line above.
post entire function

this is from line 103 - 137

//starting weapon script
startingWeapon = "s1_atlas45";
weapon = getWeapon(startingWeapon);
level.start_weapon = (weapon);

level._zombie_custom_add_weapons =&custom_add_weapons;

//Setup the levels Zombie Zone Volumes
level.zones = [];
level.zone_manager_init_func =&usermap_test_zone_init;
init_zones[0] = "start_zone";
level thread zm_zonemgr::manage_zones( init_zones );

//// WARDOGSK93: Start
wardog_addon:: post_init();
//// WARDOGSK93: End
}

level.pathdist_type = PATHDIST_ORIGINAL;
}

function usermap_test_zone_init()
{

zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("start_zone", "Block_B_zone", "enter_Block_B_zone" );

level flag::init( "always_on" );
level flag::set( "always_on" );
}

function custom_add_weapons()
{
zm_weapons::load_weapon_spec_from_table("gamedata/weapons/zm/zm_levelcommon_weapons.csv", 1);
}

Spiki:

You have a closing bracket above it }

Soggy_Shaw:

You have a closing bracket above it }

Isn’t that for wardogs perks? Wouldn’t taking out the closed bracket mess That up?

Spiki:

Isn’t that for wardogs perks? Wouldn’t taking out the closed bracket mess That up?

how about you try and see

Soggy_Shaw:

how about you try and see

It worked for a little bit but I got an error when running the map. The map still played but it crashed after a couple of rounds. the error said it was a UI error. Thank you for your help. Is there anything else you think it could be?

Wild:

Not a scripter or anything so this is just a suggestion, but all of my map GSC's have that line "level.pathdist_type = PATHDIST_ORIGINAL; " in the function main(). Yours looks like it isn't and is mixed in with the functions below it instead. You could try cutting it and pasting it at the bottom of the function main() like I have mine:

function main()
{
    zm_usermap::main();

//-----Perk FX/Lights-----
    level thread perk_init();

level._zombie_custom_add_weapons =&custom_add_weapons;

//Setup the levels Zombie Zone Volumes
    level.zones = [];
    level.zone_manager_init_func =&usermap_test_zone_init;
    init_zones[0] = "start_zone";
    level thread zm_zonemgr::manage_zones( init_zones );

level.pathdist_type = PATHDIST_ORIGINAL;     <----- PASTE IT HERE     <----- PASTE IT HERE     <----- PASTE IT HERE
}

level.pathdist_type = PATHDIST_ORIGINAL;     <----- CUT FROM HERE     <----- CUT FROM HERE     <----- CUT FROM HERE

Like I said, not a scripter so I could just have no clue what I'm saying, it's just an observation that you could try lol