Modme Forums

Adaptive trigger_damage

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

Magicman:

How could I make a trigger_damage that could be activated multiple times per game and every time you have to use a different weapon. For example, if I wanted a trigger that every time it was shot it would give you a max ammo, and I shoot it with the ray gun, next time I want to do it, the ray gun wouldn’t activate it. Hopefully that made some sort of sense. I hope this idea is possible and/ or practical.

modric1337:

while ( 1 )
    {
    self waittill( "damage", n_damage, e_attacker, v_dir, v_point, str_mod, str_model, str_tag, str_part, w_weapon, str_flags, e_inflictor, n_charge_level );
    if ( isdefined( w_weapon ) )
    {
        //IPrintLnBold("w_weapon is defined");
        rootWeapon = w_weapon.rootWeapon;
        if ( rootWeapon == getWeapon( "ar_marksman_upgraded" ) )
        {
            //IPrintLnBold("w_weapon is ar");
            thread zm_powerups::specific_powerup_drop( "full_ammo", plane_package_struct.origin);

break;
        }

}

}
This is some stuff i had that worked thrown together, self is the trig that is threaded from a previous function, if you are using only one trig u can just change self to a trig name... and make sure you set up a struct for the powerup and of course change the weapon... if u want it to be any weapon just doing waitill trigger on a trig damage will work

Magicman:

while ( 1 )
    {
    self waittill( "damage", n_damage, e_attacker, v_dir, v_point, str_mod, str_model, str_tag, str_part, w_weapon, str_flags, e_inflictor, n_charge_level );
    if ( isdefined( w_weapon ) )
    {
        //IPrintLnBold("w_weapon is defined");
        if ( rootWeapon == getWeapon( "ar_marksman_upgraded" ) )
        {
            //IPrintLnBold("w_weapon is ar");
            thread zm_powerups::specific_powerup_drop( "full_ammo", plane_package_struct.origin);

break;
        }

}

}
This is some stuff i had that worked thrown together, self is the trig that is threaded from a previous function, if you are using only one trig u can just change self to a trig name... and make sure you set up a struct for the powerup and of course change the weapon... if u want it to be any weapon just doing waitill trigger on a trig damage will work

so if I activate the trigger with the "ar_marksman_upgraded" then I can continue to activate it, but I will no longer be able to do it with that gun, but every other gun will work? Also I appreciate the help

modric1337:

Hm not sure about that, im sure it can be done by using a variable for the gun thats used and making it so the trig doesnt accept that variable anymore

Spiki:

*FIXED POST*
If I understand correctly you want to shoot a trigger damage multiple times but never twice with the same gun.
If yes then this code should work but I didn't test it. It should be enough to see what's going on.

function gun_ammo_thing()
{
trig = GetEnt("whatever trigger","targetname");

rejected_guns = array(); //store guns here after use

while(1)
    {
    trig waittill( "damage", n_damage, e_attacker, v_dir, v_point, str_mod, str_model, str_tag, str_part, w_weapon, str_flags, e_inflictor, n_charge_level);
    if(!isdefined(w_weapon)) //restart loop if no weapon
        continue;

if(rootWeapon is_rejected_gun(rejected_guns )) //restart loop if gun was used before
        continue;
    ArrayInsert(rejected_guns, rootWeapon, rejected_guns.size); //add gun to reject pile

//post trig code here
    zm_powerups::specific_powerup_drop("full_ammo", e_attacker.origin);

}

}

function is_rejected_gun(guns) //self is gun in question
{
foreach(gun in guns)
    if(self == gun)
        return 1;
return 0;
}

If you wanted to shoot it with specific guns in order then write back and we'll work something out

Magicman:

If I understand correctly you want to shoot a trigger damage multiple times but never twice with the same gun.
If yes then this code should work but I didn't test it. It should be enough to see what's going on.
{

while(1)
    {
    trig waittill( "damage", n_damage, e_attacker, v_dir, v_point, str_mod, str_model, str_tag, str_part, w_weapon, str_flags, e_inflictor, n_charge_level);
        continue;

if(rootWeapon is_rejected_gun(rejected_guns )) //restart loop if gun was used before
        continue;
    ArrayInsert(rejected_guns, rootWeapon, rejected_guns.size); //add gun to reject pile

//post trig code here

}

}

{
weap = self.name;
foreach(gun in guns)
    if(weap== gun)
        return 1;
return 0;
}

If you wanted to shoot it with specific guns in order then write back and we'll work something out

I appreciate it, but I am able to activate the trigger with the same gun an infinite amount of times. Just to make sure, all I needed to do was create a trigger_damage with "whatever trigger", "targetname"?

Spiki:

I think i see where i screwed up
I compared text to a weapon. This should fix it

{
foreach(gun in guns)
    if(self == gun)
        return 1;
return 0;
}

Magicman:

{
foreach(gun in guns)
    if(self == gun)
        return 1;
return 0;
}

Yup, worked perfectly. Much appreciated:)

Magicman:

{
foreach(gun in guns)
    if(self == gun)
        return 1;
return 0;
}

If for example I wanted to make it delete a script_brushmodel everytime I activate the trigger, but not all of them at once. How would I do that?

Spiki:

Basically give your bruhsmodels the KVP "index" and value any integer. start at 0. So the first brush to go has the value 0, second has 1, 3rd has 2... If you want to shoot twice to remove 1 brush, just skip a number so first is 0, second is 2, third is 3...

{

index = 0;

while(1)
    {
        continue;

continue;

//post trig code here

delete_brush(index);
    index++;
    }

}

{
foreach(gun in guns)
    if(self == gun)
        return 1;
return 0;