Modme Forums

Can’t update map in workshop

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

Pepergogo:

Hi
So, I'm trying to update my map that is already in the workshop and all the upload process works fine, but when reach the 100% this message come up and it doesn't upload. Anyone know what can I do? :(

Spiki:

you can try deleting the workshop.json file in your mapname/zone folder and trying again

Pepergogo:

you can try deleting the workshop.json file in your mapname/zone folder and trying again

Already try that but the progress bar get stuck half the process :(

RaGe-74:

I already answered this for someone else on here. delete the json file, and clean all the xpaks. Make sure you have a thumbnail and description or it won't work.

Pepergogo:

I already answered this for someone else on here. delete the json file, and clean all the xpaks. Make sure you have a thumbnail and description or it won't work.

Thanks
But it just keep getting stuck :(

Have a name, description and the same thumbnail as the one in the workshop have

RaGe-74:

How long are you leaving it ? If it's a big map it will take a long time to upload. The steam servers are terrible.

Pepergogo:

How long are you leaving it ? If it's a big map it will take a long time to upload. The steam servers are terrible.

Yeah, normally it take me about 3 hours to upload, but first, the progress bar start a little quickly and then start the 3 hrs upload, but the % numbers appear. This time the progress bar doens't have the numbers and it's only stuck like the image and I leave that way for about 2 hrs. So is stuck 😂 😓

RaGe-74:

idk man, those few things are really all that can go wrong. Are you deleting it from workshop ? Maybe try uploading to a different name ?

Pepergogo:

idk man, those few things are really all that can go wrong. Are you deleting it from workshop ? Maybe try uploading to a different name ?

Don't worry, I really appreciate your help 👏
I think I'm gonna leave this way. I want to update it but it's not thaaat important.

Pepergogo:

Hey [USER=422]@RaGe-74[/USER]
I try the method removing ymthe json file and that, and it work!
Don't know why the previous times doesn't work, but after try it couple of times it finally work
I just wanna let you know and say thanks for the help

Harry Bo21:

It doesn’t “need” a image and description - but - if you give it one - the image “must” be a certain file type and under a certain limit...

also deleting the json - means when he publishes again - it’ll create a “new” copy in the workshop - not update the previous one...

RaGe-74:

Hey [USER=422]@RaGe-74[/USER]
I try the method removing ymthe json file and that, and it work!
Don't know why the previous times doesn't work, but after try it couple of times it finally work
I just wanna let you know and say thanks for the help

All good, happy to help ;)