Modme Forums

Sanity Check Failure (Please help and read whole post)

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

the_bibba_boy:

Hi all,

I recently got this issue when i tried loading my map. It loads fine, but when i start moving around in the camera mode, all of the "view" functions (like camera and xyz view), stop working, and only the thing that works is the top bar. I then close Radiant Black and I am met with this issue:

SANITY CHECK FAILURE... (this text is on the clipboard)
(pDevice)

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\radiant_modtools.exe
Device.cpp:395

I have researched this issue and have tried to do the autosave method which helped many people, however i have tried that a bunch of times with no luck.

It soon came to my realization that the people with those errors had the error due to a brush or a prefab or something else that was put into their map, because in their error statement it mentioned a prefab or brush, and MINE just mentions the program. So when they restored previous data they were fine again because the program was not affected, just the file.

HOWEVER, I think my issue is much more than that. I theorize that there is a fatal error in my radiant_modtools.exe program itself and im not sure how to fix it or what the cause of it is. Thats whyR Radiant Black Edition wont work.

Please respond to me A.S.A.P. for any ideas or solutions. Do I have to reinstall the mod tools entirely again? Do i have to verify the integrity of the folders? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks so much,
the_bibba_boy

RaGe-74:

Hi all,

I recently got this issue when i tried loading my map. It loads fine, but when i start moving around in the camera mode, all of the "view" functions (like camera and xyz view), stop working, and only the thing that works is the top bar. I then close Radiant Black and I am met with this issue:

SANITY CHECK FAILURE... (this text is on the clipboard)
(pDevice)

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\radiant_modtools.exe
Device.cpp:395

I have researched this issue and have tried to do the autosave method which helped many people, however i have tried that a bunch of times with no luck.

It soon came to my realization that the people with those errors had the error due to a brush or a prefab or something else that was put into their map, because in their error statement it mentioned a prefab or brush, and MINE just mentions the program. So when they restored previous data they were fine again because the program was not affected, just the file.

HOWEVER, I think my issue is much more than that. I theorize that there is a fatal error in my radiant_modtools.exe program itself and im not sure how to fix it or what the cause of it is. Thats whyR Radiant Black Edition wont work.

Please respond to me A.S.A.P. for any ideas or solutions. Do I have to reinstall the mod tools entirely again? Do i have to verify the integrity of the folders? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks so much,
the_bibba_boy

Kind of hard to know exactly what it is without you posting the entire log. I can actually only assume that you are trying to compile while you still have radiant open. Device means HARDWARE. Usually the sanity error is a DX error. If it's not that, please post the entire log so we can help you further.

the_bibba_boy:

Kind of hard to know exactly what it is without you posting the entire log. I can actually only assume that you are trying to compile while you still have radiant open. Device means HARDWARE. Usually the sanity error is a DX error. If it's not that, please post the entire log so we can help you further.

Hello, I got my map working again lol. All I did was compile light and link and I was ok. Thanks for your reply though.