Modme Forums

Sanity Check Failure (Please help and read whole post)

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

the_bibba_boy:

Hi all,

I recently got this issue when i tried loading my map. It loads fine, but when i start moving around in the camera mode, all of the "view" functions (like camera and xyz view), stop working, and only the thing that works is the top bar. I then close Radiant Black and I am met with this issue:

SANITY CHECK FAILURE... (this text is on the clipboard)
(pDevice)

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\radiant_modtools.exe
Device.cpp:395

I have researched this issue and have tried to do the autosave method which helped many people, however i have tried that a bunch of times with no luck.

It soon came to my realization that the people with those errors had the error due to a brush or a prefab or something else that was put into their map, because in their error statement it mentioned a prefab or brush, and MINE just mentions the program. So when they restored previous data they were fine again because the program was not affected, just the file.

HOWEVER, I think my issue is much more than that. I theorize that there is a fatal error in my radiant_modtools.exe program itself and im not sure how to fix it or what the cause of it is. Thats whyR Radiant Black Edition wont work.

Please respond to me A.S.A.P. for any ideas or solutions. Do I have to reinstall the mod tools entirely again? Do i have to verify the integrity of the folders? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks so much,
the_bibba_boy

MadKixs:

I don't have a solution, but the exact same problem.
I could never use the mod tools because of that, so i don't think it's due to a brush or a prefab. For me, this is just because I have only 6Gb of memory ... :cautious:
Don't try to reinstall the mod tools, this is useless (or do it only if you have no more solutions).

gcpeinhardt seem to know how to solved this : https://steamcommunity.com/app/455130/discussions/0/350543389010821083/

2021 EDIT: Adding 2Gb of RAM did solve the problem for me (with the same computer)

the_bibba_boy:

I don't have a solution, but the exact same problem.
I could never use the mod tools because of that, so i don't think it's due to a brush or a prefab. For me, this is just because I have only 6Gb of memory ... :cautious:
Don't try to reinstall the mod tools, this is useless (or do it only if you have no more solutions).

gcpeinhardt seem to know how to solved this : https://steamcommunity.com/app/455130/discussions/0/350543389010821083/

Thanks for your reply, but sadly he didn't leave an explanation on the post. Hopefully others come to our aid lol. If I dont get a response son or find a solution (im verifying files now), ill reinstall it.