Modme Forums

Issue with initial spawn on Black Ops 3 custom map

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

BIGCountry77x:

Everytime I try and tst the map I spawn already dead. Its says Ive survived one round and cant play it. Help? I made a prefab of inital spawn points from a default template by selecting the 9 points and R clicking and saving it as a prefab. Do I need to do anything else when I put that prefab into my map? I did put the Player_Start things int here too...

KillJoy:

this happening on all of your maps?

when you make a brand new map it will already have all the basic stuff loaded in for you
not sure why you're manually adding spawn points

its not necessary

anyway there could be numerous amounts of things causing game over right when you start
do you have zones set up? and your spawn points are inside the start_zone ?

BIGCountry77x:

This is my first time trying to make a map. I don't like the template it creates at start so I deleted it all and started from scratch. I do have the zone set up and have the spawn points in the start_zone. Maybe Im making it more difficult than it needs to be and should just use the default new map settings.

KillJoy:

your making it much worse dude

just use the default template like 100% of mappers

go watch some introductory videos on youtube, otherwise you will be lost and no one wants to hold your hand when its already been taught
should get you started - he has a lot of tutorials and there are a lot more out there

BIGCountry77x:

U have watched ALOT of vids. Which one of them said to do it this way. Anyway, thanks for the "advice"

Magicman:

U have watched ALOT of vids. Which one of them said to do it this way. Anyway, thanks for the "advice"

I can try to help you if you're still having this problem