Modme Forums

lighting “reflections”

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Abnormal202
So I was converting a map I made for WaW into a black Ops 3 map, and I brought over all the textures and changed the models and such. However, one thing I cannot figure out is why the lights are reflecting on every surface as shown in the picture below.

every light does this to every surface nearby and it looks as if everything is made of shiny plastic.

Is there a way to turn this off? even when starting the lighting over, all the lights I create do this.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Exofile
Could be that the materials are made to be that refective? If not, I recommend to look into your reflection probes, and to be sure they cover everything they need to properly.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Beatthat
Select one of your lights, then press Shift+A ( this will select all your light entities ) Hop over to your Entity Info window and turn down the value of spec_comp. Should be a negative value, I'd suggest something like -10, but you can play around with that. Hope that helps.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202

BeatthatSelect one of your lights, then press Shift+A ( this will select all your light entities ) Hop over to your Entity Info window and turn down the value of spec_comp. Should be a negative value, I'd suggest something like -10, but you can play around with that. Hope that helps.

That worked! thank you.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Beatthat
No worries.