Modme Forums

Need Help. custom melee weapons Stormbreaker Leviathan axe

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Asset Importing

Cdub7304:

I was working on a melee weapon The First Blade had to stop the mesh was no good, so I'm modeling a new one. I'm new so it may take a while. Right know I am trying to make a new melee weapon from a model I downloaded from Turbo Squid I think( by elite gamer that is all the info on the original maker.). It is Krato's Leviathan axe. I did change the UVs on the model with higher quality textures I made in Quixle and Photoshop. It is an .obj file that I exported as a xModel and converted with Kronos, I was able to bring it into APE just as a xModel and it's in the correct origin and it looks great, but when compared to the Hell's Retriever has both a world and view model and the Retriever's view model has joints, I only have one model for my Axe I could use the same model for both the retriever models look the same, but it has joints I don't have joints. Do i need to add them, do I need to bind the axe to a rig and use the Retrievers xanims to make my own, or can I just copy the Retrievers gdt and replace the model with mine and leave the anims as the are for the retriever. Not sure what to do from here. any help is welcomed Here is a screen shot of the axe it shows the conversion rig but it is not bound to it I just used it for scale and origin. Also here are all the related file for my axe don't want credit if someone gets it working or helps me and uses the finished axe. The .obj is the original it is not my texture nor is it scaled or oriented correct. https://mega.nz/#!Gx4y0AyC!Y4cEsPCWQbaaBtYJ3r4h1y-pRBl6lBo2y8ypPjG1WbY

https://mega.nz/#!Gx4y0AyC!Y4cEsPCWQbaaBtYJ3r4h1y-pRBl6lBo2y8ypPjG1WbY

Thanks Chris

Cdub7304:

I was working on a melee weapon The First Blade had to stop the mesh was no good, so I'm modeling a new one. I'm new so it may take a while. Right know I am trying to make a new melee weapon from a model I downloaded from Turbo Squid I think( by elite gamer that is all the info on the original maker.). It is Krato's Leviathan axe. I did change the UVs on the model with higher quality textures I made in Quixle and Photoshop. It is an .obj file that I exported as a xModel and converted with Kronos, I was able to bring it into APE just as a xModel and it's in the correct origin and it looks great, but when compared to the Hell's Retriever has both a world and view model and the Retriever's view model has joints, I only have one model for my Axe I could use the same model for both the retriever models look the same, but it has joints I don't have joints. Do i need to add them, do I need to bind the axe to a rig and use the Retrievers xanims to make my own, or can I just copy the Retrievers gdt and replace the model with mine and leave the anims as the are for the retriever. Not sure what to do from here. any help is welcomed Here is a screen shot of the axe it shows the conversion rig but it is not bound to it I just used it for scale and origin. Also here are all the related file for my axe don't want credit if someone gets it working or helps me and uses the finished axe. The .obj is the original it is not my texture nor is it scaled or oriented correct. https://mega.nz/#!Gx4y0AyC!Y4cEsPCWQbaaBtYJ3r4h1y-pRBl6lBo2y8ypPjG1WbY[ATTACH type="full" alt="Axe screen shot.JPG"]387[/ATTACH]

https://mega.nz/#!Gx4y0AyC!Y4cEsPCWQbaaBtYJ3r4h1y-pRBl6lBo2y8ypPjG1WbY

Thanks Chris

Update: So I looked at the joints in the Hell's Retriever, and learned how to add joints to my model( which seem easy enough to do.) Once I add the joints to the handle of the axe, I'll bind it to the conversion right and convert the anims for the Retriever, extract and import to APE to make a weapon file. So hopefully I will have Kratos' axe uploaded by tomorrow. You could also replace my UVs and make this axe look like stormbreaker.

Cdub7304:

So I put joints in the Model and then bound them to the model after tweaking it's potion, when I exported the model received an message saying warning encountered and even time that happens my models do so up in APE, it exports fine from the an obj with no joints. but after adding joints and saving the file when as a .mb or .ma and thenot exporting I get that warning. stuck here I'll try and import the object and joints and export no saving maybe it's the file format