Modme Forums

How to do proper water/swimming?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Abnormal202
Like the Title says, how exactly can you implement swimming like in Zetsubou no Shima? For example how can I make a simple pond where the player and zombies can swim in?

I've tried creating a pond by drawing a brush with a water texture on it, as well as another brush with the water clip on it, but I think there's more to it. For one, Your vision is un-altered while underwater, and looks almost like you're floating. The zombies seem to have a hard time getting into the water and when then do, they just walk on the ground instead doing the weird swimming thing they do on Zetsubou. Also, how on Earth does this work with dogs?

just wondering if anyone could do a tutorial on water, or if anyone has figured anything out about it.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Exofile
Hello!

Personally, during my first few hours with Radiant Black I played around with water a bit. What I came up with, which worked great was to have 3 parts of the water.

First off, you've got a brush with all sides being water clip.

Secondly, you've got a patch ontop with the water texture.

Thirdly, you've got a bgb square (look in the entity browser) which you can customize to your liking. This controls "discolouring and blurryness" gotten from being in water.

Hopefully this helps, although I'm not entirely sure if it's the right way to do it! :-)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202
thanks the Pgb square (I assume you meant to say PGB) definitely helps, and I wouldn't have found that otherwise. The zombies and dogs still treat the pond like a normal pit however, and run around on the bottom of it. I don't know if there is a way to fix this though, because Treyarch has yet to include assets from DLC maps such as Zetsubou No Shima, but if anyone else knows how to make them swim, or is generous enough to create it themselves, any help would be appreciated.