Modme Forums

How to add Wallrunning on a curve?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Abnormal202
In my map, I have an area I created in which the room is a circle, and I want to allow the player to wallrun around it. How can I do this with a curved surface? You need to put a trigger around the edge of the wall you want to wallrun on, but I can't draw a brush that is a curve without making it a patch, and then Launcher will give me an error for having a trigger that isn't a brush. How can you do this? Its gotta be possible, considering the base Free-run levels use it, as well as many multiplayer maps.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Exofile
First of all, how small is the room? Let's say you have a square for a second, and wanted the player to run on the inside. Are there any other walls inside that would suddenly be able to be run on, that isn't supposed to? If no, it should work fine! If yes, You can always use several brushes. They don't have to be perfect, you can cut them with the Cutting tool to fit your shape, mix and match several of them to get the shape you want just so a curve can be wallrun on.

Hope this helps!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202
Yeah I realized shortly after I posted this, that the triggers don't have to be exact, as they are not what the player attaches to when he's running on the wall. I suppose they just need to be touching the wall from the outside, and that's it? Is it as simple as whatever walls are covered in the trigger have wallrun?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Exofile

Abnormal202Yeah I realized shortly after I posted this, that the triggers don't have to be exact, as they are not what the player attaches to when he's running on the wall. I suppose they just need to be touching the wall from the outside, and that's it? Is it as simple as whatever walls are covered in the trigger have wallrun?

Not what it's covering, but as long as the player is sufficiently inside the trigger, any wall next to him should become "wallrun-able"

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202

Exofile
Abnormal202Yeah I realized shortly after I posted this, that the triggers don't have to be exact, as they are not what the player attaches to when he's running on the wall. I suppose they just need to be touching the wall from the outside, and that's it? Is it as simple as whatever walls are covered in the trigger have wallrun?

Not what it's covering, but as long as the player is sufficiently inside the trigger, any wall next to him should become "wallrun-able"

Okay I understand now