Modme Forums

Scripting problem (Client mismatch)

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

mickey0917:

Hello! So I've recently made some big changes to my map, by adding perks, changing zombie models, and adding a new boss. However I ran into a problem where when I would load up my game there would just be an infinite black screen and nothing would happen. So I tried fixing that by going back and fixing my script, double checking the tutorials, and then after a long time trying to fix my map, when I loaded it up, it would just straight up crash. This is the third time I attempted to fix my scripts and I have just resulted to removing everything I initially installed (only removed custom scripts in my .gsc, .csc, and .zone) files, but now instead of an instant crash it now presents me with this error saying that "The Server Disconnected - Client Mismatch". I would really appreciate any help at all as I've put in a lot of work into this map, and I'm kind of going insane thinking that I've potentially broken everything. Thanks alot!!!

edit - there is no problem when compiling, lighting, and linking my map. *included screenshot of problem

Scary Branden:

https://wiki.ardivee.com/article/clientfield-mismatch/

mickey0917:

Thanks for the reply! But may I ask what does it mean to add the dvar in the launcher? Where exactly do I add the
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]+set com_clientfieldsdebug 1[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
code?

mickey0917:

I figured it out and it just came up with a whole lot of missing things but I have no clue what any of it means

Scary Branden:

keep scrolling up until it says some other garbage that isnt missing assets

mickey0917:

Thats as far up as I can go

Scary Branden:

itll look similar to this. this is what happened after i removed the #using widows wine from mapname.csc

Scary Branden:

if you arent seeing it then i dont know what to tell you. but why are you at the main menu screen?

mickey0917:

Yeah I went into developer in the main menu and not when it crashed that was my bad, I went into it when it crashed and it came up with this. Turns out that Im missing a whole lot of upgraded weapons for some reason, however I'm not sure how that problem would even arise considering that I had not changed my weapon packs. Im just really confused at this point

mickey0917:

Update: I tried fixing my map by following ice grenades video "when all else fails" but it has me facing a different problem now. Still no problem when linking,lighting, and compiling but now this error comes up saying "error linking mapname.gsc". Please help ;(

mickey0917:

I've found out that the problem isn't in my scripts, as I've resetted my .csc, .gsc, and .zone files to theyre default state with no custom scripts at all and the same problem above still persists, if anyone has any ideas, please drop them below. Thank you :)

mickey0917:

update: I managed to fix it