Modme Forums

Sun wont build anymore

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Wild
Hello, I have this problem now where when I try and bake the lighting in my map it says it failed and at the bottom of the window it says "Sun FAILED needs more than 128mb". Whenever I try and compile the map it gives my error in launcher that says "Error: Failed to export D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/\map_source\zm\zm_agc.map because Volume #0: 10.67, 512.00, -42.63 Level sun volume missing from file!"

What I don't understand is that it used to work fine, then I worked on my map like normal and now it doesn't work. I still do have a sun volume and when I go to cords it says in the error there is nothing there. It says there's a volume there but the closest volume to that place is my start_zone but its not actually touching those cords.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter

AGCHello, I have this problem now where when I try and bake the lighting in my map it says it failed and at the bottom of the window it says "Sun FAILED needs more than 128mb". Whenever I try and compile the map it gives my error in launcher that says "Error: Failed to export D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/\map_source\zm\zm_agc.map because Volume #0: 10.67, 512.00, -42.63 Level sun volume missing from file!"

What I don't understand is that it used to work fine, then I worked on my map like normal and now it doesn't work. I still do have a sun volume and when I go to cords it says in the error there is nothing there. It says there's a volume there but the closest volume to that place is my start_zone but its not actually touching those cords.

Watch your VRAM / RAM while compiling lighting, see if it nears any limits

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild

DTZxPorter
AGCHello, I have this problem now where when I try and bake the lighting in my map it says it failed and at the bottom of the window it says "Sun FAILED needs more than 128mb". Whenever I try and compile the map it gives my error in launcher that says "Error: Failed to export D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/\map_source\zm\zm_agc.map because Volume #0: 10.67, 512.00, -42.63 Level sun volume missing from file!"

Watch your VRAM / RAM while compiling lighting, see if it nears any limits

I'm not sure if I was doing the right thing but I used task manager and the highest it went was 123mb but I still had like 7.1gb available. When I watch it while baking the light in radiant it goes up to 146mb and it says I have about 2.6gb available. I'm sorry if if I didn't do that right. I'm not very good with the technical side of making maps lol.