Modme Forums

“Error linking script”

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

the_bibba_boy:

Hi all,

When I try to “Run” my map from either BO3 zombies or the Mod Tools launcher, im met with this issue when the map is loading.[ATTACH type="full" alt="Annotation 2020-03-16 113215.png"]493[/ATTACH][ATTACH type="full" alt="Annotation 2020-03-16 113246.png"]494[/ATTACH]

To keep in mind, I did not add anything new to my scripts or edit them in any way.

However, I did clear out and delete some of my storage from my computer. BUT, i made sure NOT to delete any files from August 2019 and on (since thats when I got BO3 and the mod tools together.) Does anyone think that I accidentally deleted any files for the mod tools while doing so, and thats what is causing this?

Also, I do not get any script errors while "compiling" or "linking" my map. It does that just fine.

If anyone has a solution please let me know, as i cannot test my map out: only build it.

RaGe-74:

Check the files in the /usermaps directory. Looks like you have some files missing or paths wrong.

Spiki:

it means a script didnt get loaded into the map. Either you forgot to add it to the zone or you deleted it. What does the launcher say when you link?

the_bibba_boy:

Check the files in the /usermaps directory. Looks like you have some files missing or paths wrong.

I went back to a recent backup of my .map file and I didn’t get this issue again. I’m not sure what happened, but if the issue persists I will check what I can. Thanks for your reply and I will message you in this forum if I have any other issues relating to this.

the_bibba_boy:

it means a script didnt get loaded into the map. Either you forgot to add it to the zone or you deleted it. What does the launcher say when you link?

I went back to a recent backup of my .map file and I didn’t get this issue again. I’m not sure what happened, but if the issue persists I will check what I can. Thanks for your reply and I will message you in this forum if I have any other issues relating to this. Also, I did not delete anything from my scripts so I’m not sure why this is going on. The linker basically says nothing about any of these “missing” things.

Harry Bo21:

like spiki said, a script is missing

by that i mean a #using is in your script, but that isnt in your zone
if developer mode works for you turn that on, itll tell you which script is missing

the_bibba_boy:

if developer mode works for you turn that on, itll tell you which script is missing

I fixed it already, but thanks for your reply. It turns out my custom music and gun files were missing lol. I plopped them back in as well and loaded my most current save and everything worked fine

1CrazyGamer:

How do you use developer mode?

Spiki:

How do you use developer mode?

in the launcher click dvars and then check developer 1 or 2