Modme Forums

Empty

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

Justin Emerald:

Delete post

Madgaz:

Didn’t realise this was a map release forum page , plus map needs work you have some models missing textures

Justin Emerald:

Didn’t realise this was a map release forum page , plus map needs work you have some models missing textures

Yea I didn’t find or where it was to upload this map. But I’ll add more models when I have a chance. Right now I’ma see people thoughts about this map. But the textures does show but not in Radiant I screenshot those pic from Radiant

Dedrix:

Nice lore bro

Justin Emerald:

Nice lore bro

Wym?

Madgaz:

Ok well from the screens it doesn’t look like you’ve really thought about the map, random model placement isn’t too hot when it makes no sense , always try to give a reason for things being the way they are , ie if a wall is damaged what damaged it and why , always try and use real life examples to build upon , also your lighting needs massive improvement as it looks like you’ve just went with WHITE for every light, I’ve yet to see an asylum with white lights , change the colours slightly , add probes, learn about patches and blending to make areas look worn, don’t rely on models 100% of the time to fill a room, Make the room interesting before models are added then use models to spice up rooms , unless you require certain structural models to make the room
keep at it

Justin Emerald:

Ok well from the screens it doesn’t look like you’ve really thought about the map, random model placement isn’t too hot when it makes no sense , always try to give a reason for things being the way they are , ie if a wall is damaged what damaged it and why , always try and use real life examples to build upon , also your lighting needs massive improvement as it looks like you’ve just went with WHITE for every light, I’ve yet to see an asylum with white lights , change the colours slightly , add probes, learn about patches and blending to make areas look worn, don’t rely on models 100% of the time to fill a room, Make the room interesting before models are added then use models to spice up rooms , unless you require certain structural models to make the room
keep at it

keep at it

Yea I know. But like I said I will add more models as they seem to have no texture when I extract them other Call of Duty Games using wrath Therefore I have to add the textures myself. But some of these models you said that have no texture they do have texture just not in Radiant only when I test it the texture are on Furniture’s, object etc... idk exactly what you by “damage my map” for something like that correct if I’m wrong. But this my first time making a map again. I’ll get more advanced with the detail and everything. But for now I’m just starter and If I update the map I’m most likely gonna put more detail on the Asylum Hallway and everything there more then the main floor because it’s a abandon Asylum and from the Asylums I seen on Google don’t have that much furniture etc...

Madgaz:

Well by your logic , I’ve never seen an abandoned asylum look as bland and as boring as this

Justin Emerald:

Well by your logic , I’ve never seen an abandoned asylum look as bland and as boring as this

Um ok, I guess. I’m not as Advanced as you are. You don’t have to play it if you don’t like it dude. You know more things then I do.

Not A Dev:

Um ok, I guess. I’m not as Advanced as you are. You don’t have to play it if you don’t like it dude. You know more things then I do.

or... spend more time on detailing and learning the tools rather then releasing a unfinished map?

Justin Emerald:

or... spend more time on detailing and learning the tools rather then releasing a unfinished map?

I believe I said that I was gonna do that. Maybe removing the information of this map will fix this problem. Attitude will not be tolerated. Assuming you haven’t even play the map.

Madgaz:

I believe I said that I was gonna do that. Maybe removing the information of this map will fix this problem. Attitude will not be tolerated. Assuming you haven’t even play the map.

Attitude ? Ha you know nothing of attitude ? To be fair advice giving was helpful

Spiki:

Guys relax. He's learning

Dedrix:

My advice would be to just start with a very small map to work for getting better at mapping. There are some great vods on YT to help you out with detailing and lighting. As great as your intentions seemed from this map I think it was just far too ambitious.

Ping998:

Hey [USER=1161]@Justin Emerald[/USER] ,

PLEASE don't give up! I understand it's harsh but all these folk are doing is giving u blunt reactions to the work you've done, take their advice and keep on mapping! I think you've tried ur best and I liked the concept, but just keep going with it and you'll certainly improve! :D