Modme Forums

How to make a zombies map out of a pre-existing model?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

Wunderzorro:

Hello! I'm currently working on a zombies map that is a pre-existing model from a different game. I'm currently working on the zones and all that, but I have a problem. Every time I test the zombie map I die immediately. I set up the spawns, volumes, everything. That's what I've been doing and even though the character is fully within the start zone I keep dying. What should I do?

Vertasea:

Make sure you have the following kvp's on the info_volume:

targetname = start_zone
script_noteworthy = player_volume
target = start_zone_spawners
--------------------------------

Also using "pre-existing" models from another game has nothing to do with you dying, it's because you didn't have the kvps correct, or you are spawning the players in a different zone that isn't activated. Also you need to ensure that all of your zones are setup in your zm_mapname.gsc although start_zone will work by default

Wunderzorro:

Make sure you have the following kvp's on the info_volume:

targetname = start_zone
script_noteworthy = player_volume
target = start_zone_spawners
--------------------------------

Also using "pre-existing" models from another game has nothing to do with you dying, it's because you didn't have the kvps correct, or you are spawning the players in a different zone that isn't activated. Also you need to ensure that all of your zones are setup in your zm_mapname.gsc although start_zone will work by default

I figured it out. It was because the player spawn entity was too close to the spawn points. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to have the zombies actually spawn even though I set up the spawns and everything.