Modme Forums

BO3 Problem with texture exporting

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Asset Importing

xvolil:

Hello everyone, is there actually a way to fix white/black textures after exporting with greyhound? Or maybe i should use another soft? This game is like 5 years old and i am wondering there is no methods of exporting or fixing textures properly?

RaGe-74:

Unfortunately neither Porter or Scobalula exported the GDT's the way modders would have liked..mostly because these tools were "allegedly" not aimed at modders. The black and white texture you're using is a "specular". The darker black and white ones are ambient occlusion, the greyish ones are gloss. Is there a way to set these textures up easily ? Well, that depends on how inventive you are. I can import a full set of models and textures within 5 minutes now. Am I going to share how ? Sadly, no. I had some private help to make some tools that will do it for me. Here's what you can do. Make a "TEMPLATE" GDT file, and inside make a material called "changeme1", set it to "Geometry Advanced, and lit_advanced_fullspec. Inside that material, make all your reference images changeme1_c, changeme1_o, changeme1_n, changeme1_s and changeme1_g and set the pathname in each instance to a dummy file in that directory.
Now make a batch file that retrieves a stripped filename from a list, loads your template, puts that value in place of "changeme1" and writes a GDT file with that retrieved name and a GDT extension. This will 90 percent set up your GDT's for you, without the actual file references. Good luck.

Spiki:

Hello everyone, is there actually a way to fix white/black textures after exporting with greyhound? Or maybe i should use another soft? This game is like 5 years old and i am wondering there is no methods of exporting or fixing textures properly?

Some textures are black and white especially on origins. You need to give them a tint in ape

xvolil:

Unfortunately neither Porter or Scobalula exported the GDT's the way modders would have liked..mostly because these tools were "allegedly" not aimed at modders. The black and white texture you're using is a "specular". The darker black and white ones are ambient occlusion, the greyish ones are gloss. Is there a way to set these textures up easily ? Well, that depends on how inventive you are. I can import a full set of models and textures within 5 minutes now. Am I going to share how ? Sadly, no. I had some private help to make some tools that will do it for me. Here's what you can do. Make a "TEMPLATE" GDT file, and inside make a material called "changeme1", set it to "Geometry Advanced, and lit_advanced_fullspec. Inside that material, make all your reference images changeme1_c, changeme1_o, changeme1_n, changeme1_s and changeme1_g and set the pathname in each instance to a dummy file in that directory.
Now make a batch file that retrieves a stripped filename from a list, loads your template, puts that value in place of "changeme1" and writes a GDT file with that retrieved name and a GDT extension. This will 90 percent set up your GDT's for you, without the actual file references. Good luck.

Tysm for your time and answer, definalty gona try.

DTZxPorter:

Some textures are black and white especially on origins. You need to give them a tint in ape

As Spiki said, this is because call of duty uses a shader to color *some* texture variants that are just color overrides. The color you see is just the base texture, and the *material* includes a color RGB value that is applied *at runtime*. Saves them from having to save every recolor. (Less image resources, etc). It would be fairly easy to replicate this effect in blender per say. If you are porting back to BO3 you just need the right material configuration.

ThomassOind:

Во области беттинга букмекерская учреждение 1carry off the palm
ранее фаланга возраст берет на себя ставки в спорт действия
также дает инвесторам хорошую подпись, отличные коэффициенты 1win зеркало
также подвижное дополнение. В Книга Числе И в малом телефоне,
присутствие присутствии устойчивого узы интернет,
добавление довольно функционировать. Для Того Дабы совершать
мониторинги в обожаемые выдержки, абонент должен сформировать
видеоигровой акк.