Modme Forums
Menu:

Unable to walk through tunnels

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

the_bibba_boy:

Hey all,

I recently made a tunnel intended to walk through. However, when the player tries to walk through the tunnel, he just gets "stuck". He only enters and exits the tunnel in a crouched position. Im not sure why this is happening.

The tunnel is more than big enough to fit the player through it; I confirmed this with the player model in Radiant. I also checked to see if I have any clips, and I have nothing. Nothing is restricting the player to walk in or out of the tunnel, so Im not sure what my issue is.

If anyone knows a solution to this, please let me know.

Regards,

the_bibba_boy

RaGe-74:

Ah the old invisible wall problem.
I haven't come across that for a while now. What it is usually is two overlapping brushes (for example, it might overlap by 1 unit height)
When the map gets compiled, it tries to compensate the error, but instead, spits out an invisible wall which you can't select, can't see and can't delete.
What you need to do is put the entire area into a "prefab" and find out where the problem is exactly. When you save it as a prefab, make a backup, and use process of elimination (start deleting wall sections) until you find the problem. Test it, then re-stamp it when you have found and fixed it.

the_bibba_boy:

I haven't come across that for a while now. What it is usually is two overlapping brushes (for example, it might overlap by 1 unit height)
When the map gets compiled, it tries to compensate the error, but instead, spits out an invisible wall which you can't select, can't see and can't delete.
What you need to do is put the entire area into a "prefab" and find out where the problem is exactly. When you save it as a prefab, make a backup, and use process of elimination (start deleting wall sections) until you find the problem. Test it, then re-stamp it when you have found and fixed it.

Ahhh, I get what you mean. Good thing is that the tunnel area is a prefab already, but I think I know what to delete. I have a “Lit” texture and a “lit decal” texture combined over one another, so maybe that’s causing the issue. I’ll give it a try when I have the chance. Thanks!

Spiki:

select the patches connected to the invisible wall, right click, use expensive collision

the_bibba_boy:

select the patches connected to the invisible wall, right click, use expensive collision

I will try that before Rage’s method, thanks!

the_bibba_boy:

I finally got around to fixing this and the “use expensive collision” option didn’t work, and I did compile and link it. Thanks for your suggestion though.

the_bibba_boy:

I tried some process of elimination, but so far I haven’t gotten any luck. I thought my issue may have been the 2 tunnels on top of each other but that didn’t work. I’ll retry some possibilities tomorrow, and maybe even just rebuild the tunnel. Thanks for replying.

RaGe-74:

I tried some process of elimination, but so far I haven’t gotten any luck. I thought my issue may have been the 2 tunnels on top of each other but that didn’t work. I’ll retry some possibilities tomorrow, and maybe even just rebuild the tunnel. Thanks for replying.

If you like, send me the prefab and I'll take a look and if I can find the problem, I'll up a small vid to show what's wrong. (and fix it)

the_bibba_boy:

If you like, send me the prefab and I'll take a look and if I can find the problem, I'll up a small vid to show what's wrong. (and fix it)

ok, thanks a TON. I will message you soon and send the prefab.