Modme Forums

Triggered spawners

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Abnormal202

Hey I was wondering how exactly the spawners work in Black ops 3 and how I can make it so a player uses a trigger that causes a lot of zombies to spawn. I was able to do this back in WaW by placing zombie spawners that would spawn one zombie and turning them on through script. You don't use spawners in Black Ops 3 though, as everything is done through script_struct risers.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202

Sorry for bumping this, but I can't keep ignoring this. I really want to have a sort of "lockdown" feature like I had in my WaW maps, but I just can't seem to figure out how spawners work. In WaW you needed one zombie spawner for every zone, but in BO3 it seems you only need one zombie and dog spawner in the entire map. I used to be able in WaW to place a zombie spawner, give it some KVPs and make it so it would spawn one zombie when it was triggered. Does anyone know how to do this? Or does anyone just know more about spawners than I do? cause I don't know much.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: natesmithzombies

Abnormal202

Sorry for bumping this, but I can't keep ignoring this. I really want to have a sort of "lockdown" feature like I had in my WaW maps, but I just can't seem to figure out how spawners work. In WaW you needed one zombie spawner for every zone, but in BO3 it seems you only need one zombie and dog spawner in the entire map. I used to be able in WaW to place a zombie spawner, give it some KVPs and make it so it would spawn one zombie when it was triggered. Does anyone know how to do this? Or does anyone just know more about spawners than I do? cause I don't know much.

I just spent a few minutes trying to figure this out and it seems spawning is done in a completely different way than in WaW. I cant manage to hold onto a zombie entity via script. I can get them to spawn but only at active spawners.

If I was doing this for my own map, at this point I would make an entirely new AI that uses the zombie attributes and then spawn him at a custom spawner that I made. Can you give more details on what you are trying to accomplish?

ModmeBot:

natesmithzombies
Abnormal202

I just spent a few minutes trying to figure this out and it seems spawning is done in a completely different way than in WaW. I cant manage to hold onto a zombie entity via script. I can get them to spawn but only at active spawners.

If I was doing this for my own map, at this point I would make an entirely new AI that uses the zombie attributes and then spawn him at a custom spawner that I made. Can you give more details on what you are trying to accomplish?

Basically I want to have it where the player enters the PAP room (from a hole in the ceiling, so he can't go back) and see that the PAP is blocked by a glass door. There is a trigger_use near the glass door that says something like "Initiate Lockdown (recommend all players in room)". When the player activates the trigger it would spawn a large amount of zombies out of spawners in the room, and because there is no exit, the player has to kill them all to proceed. When the player(s) kill all the spawned zombies (or if thats too difficult to script, I could just have a certain time the player has to survive in the room with the zombies) then the PAP door opens up, as well as a passageway back outside. I've done this before in my WaW map REBIRTH, but like you said, spawners in WaW and Black Ops 3 are pretty different. Obviously the stuff with opening the doors through script is easy, just figuring out how to spawn zombies from script is hard.

ModmeBot:

You brought Brutus to Black Ops 3 right? well how does he spawn in? Maybe I could use something like that to spawn normal zombies at a scripted time.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: tom5300
Did you ever get anywhere on this? I'm trying to accomplish something similar and would appreciate some guidance.

ModmeBot:

tom5300
Did you ever get anywhere on this? I'm trying to accomplish something similar and would appreciate some guidance.

yes you can use this function in zombie_utility to spawn zombies:
function spawn_zombie( spawner,target_name,spawn_point,round_number) 
where the only required argument is spawner.