Modme Forums

Mob of the dead type door

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

Magicman:

Hi. I was wondering if there is a way to make a three-digit code to open a door, but the code is different every game. For example, the plane part in motd where you go into afterlife to see the numbers

FrostIceforge:

Hey Magicman, I'm interested in working on this script for you. I just need to know: how do you want to enter the code? By shooting the numbers with a gun? Knifing the numbers? Do you have afterlife implemented in your map so you'd want to shock it? Do you have a model or texture you want to use or wanna use the BO2 or BO4 Mob numbers model? How do you want the random numbers to be revealed to the player? On pieces of paper scattered around the map, or all digits on one paper? Etc.

EDIT: Somehow missed you already mentioned it was 3 digits, and forgot you could also just use the use key (F/square/X), lol.

FrostIceforge:

I'm working on it right now, under the assumption you want it entered with the use key and want a general design rather than specifically the Mob one. It's almost done.

Magicman:

Hey Magicman, I'm interested in working on this script for you. I just need to know: how do you want to enter the code? By shooting the numbers with a gun? Knifing the numbers? Do you have afterlife implemented in your map so you'd want to shock it? Do you have a model or texture you want to use or wanna use the BO2 or BO4 Mob numbers model? How do you want the random numbers to be revealed to the player? On pieces of paper scattered around the map, or all digits on one paper? Etc.

EDIT: Somehow missed you already mentioned it was 3 digits, and forgot you could also just use the use key (F/square/X), lol.

Very sorry for the late reply. Entering the numbers can be done either by shooting or knifing or pressing f/x I'm not super worried about that. I do not have afterlife in my map, I was thinking the numbers could be revealed after a trigger_damage was either shot or a trigger_use was activated. I would want them to be scattered around the map. Again, sorry for the late reply. I really appreciate the help!

FrostIceforge:

Sorry it's taking so long, I'm reworking the code and fixing some glitches with it. It's STILL COMING! 🙂

Magicman:

Sorry it's taking so long, I'm reworking the code and fixing some glitches with it. It's STILL COMING! 🙂

No worries at all

FrostIceforge:

It's done! I'm just making the prefabs and the installation tutorial. It came out so nicely I'll make it one of my official releases! 😄

Magicman:

It's done! I'm just making the prefabs and the installation tutorial. It came out so nicely I'll make it one of my official releases! 😄

I really appreciate it, thank you sm

FrostIceforge:

https://forum.modme.co/threads/drag-drop-code-number-doors-scripts.3178/