Modme Forums

Deleting a prefab entity

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

BryceiBoi:

Hi all, new to the forums here. Lots of very useful information! :)

I'm having a small issue of my own so I'll just give a little bit of context to the functionality I'd like to implement (it's rather simple, really). Basically, there is a zombie door I have which once opened allows players to enter a Zone in which consists of 'x' Zombie spawners that scripted to enter through 'y' zombie barriers. These barriers lead into the starting zone! SO, I would like to delete said 'y' zombie barriers to enable players to jump through these windows to easily enter-exit the starting zone. This is what I'm having issues with - my delete() wont delete the barriers. I was wondering if this had anything to do with zombie barriers being prefabs? It's got to be something extremely simple that I'm misunderstanding I assume :cry:

spawners = GetEntArray("start_zone_spawners", targetname);
zombie_barriers = GetEntArray("start_zone_barriers", targetname); // these are the zombie barriers (prefabs) I want to delete

said_zombie_door = GetEnt("door_trigger", "triggerId") // custom KVP

said_zombie_door waittill("trigger");
spawners[0] delete(); // this works
spawners[1] delete(); // this works

for( i = 0; i < zombie_barriers.size; i++ ) {
    zombie_barriers[i] delete(); // This doesn't work?
}

Spiki:

The barricades are Zbarriers not entities. Also it wouldnt help to delete them bacause the prefab has a static clip in it which would stop movement anyway.

GetZBarrierArray()
is what you want

BryceiBoi:

The barricades are Zbarriers not entities. Also it wouldnt help to delete them bacause the prefab has a static clip in it which would stop ovement anyway.

GetZBarrierArray()
is what you want

That does sound like the function I need to utilise. Another question though, how can I identify which ZBarrier in the Array is the one I need to remove? Can I access the value of a KVP by simply using the dot operator? For example:
// barrier I want removed in Radiant is given KVP: ("zbarriername", "barrier_i_want_deleted")

array = GetZBarrierArray();

for (i = 0; i < array.size; i++) {
    if (array[i].zbarriername == "barrier_i_want_deleted") {
        array[i] delete();
    }
}

Alternatively, I guess I could just do some vigorous trial and error to find which array index is the one I need :ROFLMAO:

Spiki:

That does sound like the function I need to utilise. Another question though, how can I identify which ZBarrier in the Array is the one I need to remove? Can I access the value of a KVP by simply using the dot operator? For example:
// barrier I want removed in Radiant is given KVP: ("zbarriername", "barrier_i_want_deleted")

array = GetZBarrierArray();

for (i = 0; i < array.size; i++) {
    if (array[i].zbarriername == "barrier_i_want_deleted") {
        array[i] delete();
    }
}

Alternatively, I guess I could just do some vigorous trial and error to find which array index is the one I need :ROFLMAO:

you cant slap just any kvp. check attachment.
use script_string
also you use GetZBarrierArray() like getentarray()

BryceiBoi:

Ok, so I've almost got this! I can get the ZBarrier and delete it with delete() however the clip remains there so I cant walk through where the barrier once was. Any ideas?

zBarriers = GetZBarrierArray();
    for (i = 0; i < zBarriers.size; i++) {
        barrier_name = zBarriers[i].script_string;
        if (barrier_name == "window_1") {
            zBarriers[i] delete(); // deletes model but clip is still there?
            break;
        }       
    }

BryceiBoi:

Managed to resolve the problem by deleting the player clip from the ZBarrier prefab (barricade_reciever_wood.map) and adding the clip outside of the prefab manually. Then in the script just not only deleting the ZBarrier object, but also the clip separately:

zBarriers = GetZBarrierArray();
    clip = GetEnt("window_1_clip", "script_string");
    for (i = 0; i < zBarriers.size; i++) {
        barrier_name = zBarriers[i].script_string;
        if (barrier_name == "window_1") {
            zBarriers[i] delete();
            clip delete();
            break;
        }       
    }

Cheers for the help Spiki :)