Modme Forums

Maps keep crashing

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

Magicman:

Does anyone know why my maps keep crashing? It is at the point where I can make an entirely new map, link it and it won't work

Brodie3750:

What is the error/when does it occur
Does it compile fine? When does it crash
Need some more info my dude

Magicman:

What is the error/when does it occur
Does it compile fine? When does it crash
Need some more info my dude

Launcher shows no errors and the game crashes upon loading the map, consistently when the fps is at 29

FrostIceforge:

Have you ever modified the new map template?

Can you post the full launcher linking text just in case?

Brodie3750:

Launcher shows no errors and the game crashes upon loading the map, consistently when the fps is at 29

maybe try setting the priority of BO3 to high
If not, does your pc have enough ram to run games?

there’s a few things in game that can cause your game to crash. If you have implemented any scripts from modme or anywhere else, maybe look into whether or not there something you have missed that’s causing itto crash

Magicman:

maybe try setting the priority of BO3 to high
If not, does your pc have enough ram to run games?

there’s a few things in game that can cause your game to crash. If you have implemented any scripts from modme or anywhere else, maybe look into whether or not there something you have missed that’s causing itto crash

gotta love technology. Out of absolutely no where, it began working again flawlessly. I guess if you resort to smashing a bunch of buttons stuff works out lol. Thank you all for your suggestions

FrostIceforge:

gotta love technology. Out of absolutely no where, it began working again flawlessly. I guess if you resort to smashing a bunch of buttons stuff works out lol. Thank you all for your suggestions

Whoever said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results" was not a computer scientist. Or had even... used a computer lol.

Harry Bo21:

if you are using scobs linker patch that might be why, there is currently a issue with it

Magicman:

Yup, Einstein said that lol. Now that I think about it, I actually did uninstall scobs linker so I think Harry is right. It is all appreciated!

CaramelFudge:

Hey there, the no info crash i am familiar with it happens if there is something you put in radiant that doesn't exist or in some cases you might not of installed something correctly this could be a simple typo or a model or something that just doesn't know its there also on script side
Example

Function main()
{
Code here
Makes sense but it also fucks up because
You did something like

While (1)
{
Print 1
No wait = bad because it just constantly prints 1
}

CaramelFudge: