Modme Forums

What does the umbra volume do?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

Chroma:

Trying to optimise the template map and get rid of anything not needed.

Vertasea:

The only things you need to remove from the template map are:

First open the entity list in radiant and look for these 2

actor_zm_nuked_basic_01 - this is in the nocompile layer.
if you compile it by accident it will give you errors. It's a left over and no idea why they kept it in.

volume_fpstool - this does nothing for modtools. Was only used in base game. (words from a Treyarch dev)

Do not get rid of Umbra it's needed. It's responsible for a lot of optimizations.
You can remove the mystery box prefab or you can make it work. up to you.
You can replace the actor_spawner_zm_factory_zombie with the usermap one.
and do yourself a favor get PaP out of the ground.

Or you can wait till I release my template level with tons of extras, fixes, and more.
No clue when I will release it yet. I have no date on anything I work on. I don't like feeling rushed.

Harry Bo21:

Or you can open and change all this in the template map - then every time you make a map it’ll already be done

Chroma:

Or you can open and change all this in the template map - then every time you make a map it’ll already be done

That's what I've done.

Chroma:

The only things you need to remove from the template map are:

First open the entity list in radiant and look for these 2

actor_zm_nuked_basic_01 - this is in the nocompile layer.
if you compile it by accident it will give you errors. It's a left over and no idea why they kept it in.

volume_fpstool - this does nothing for modtools. Was only used in base game. (words from a Treyarch dev)

Do not get rid of Umbra it's needed. It's responsible for a lot of optimizations.
You can remove the mystery box prefab or you can make it work. up to you.
You can replace the actor_spawner_zm_factory_zombie with the usermap one.
and do yourself a favor get PaP out of the ground.

Or you can wait till I release my template level with tons of extras, fixes, and more.
No clue when I will release it yet. I have no date on anything I work on. I don't like feeling rushed.

That would be great. I've made my own, adding in a fog volume, changing the sun shadow resolution from 2000 to 100, adding the extra perks, replacing the mystery box with a prefab pack I downloaded, and a list of credits for each extra thing for me to copy and paste into the final product as I use them.