Modme Forums

Green run or Tranzit

Modme | Video Games

Spiki:

Aight so i've been having an argument with a guy who's vocabulary is basically limited to "dumbass".
The question is: is the zombie on disk map called "Green run" or "Tranzit".
link

His argument is:
- Noone calls it green run, green run is the location
- Treyarch calls it tranzit (didn't provide any proof ***)

My arguments are:
- Tranzit is the gamemode / storymode / story title
- The main menu calls it Green run and Tranzit is a sub category of a sub category (green run --> bus depot --> tranzit)
- (almost) The whole map of green run is loaded when you load any surival mode / grief
- The word "map" basically refers to all the geometry, entities...
- The decompiled lua file which matches the loading screen (mapname, location, gametype) clearly shows that this order is correct and that Green run is the name of the map. Note, that part of the lua file if basically the same in bo3 which only shows the mapname and location. (I showed a picture)

*** Treyarch calls it tranzit (didn't provide any proof
- Whenever treyarch mentions "Traanzit" they're talking about the bus mode. I have never heard them refer to for example "Tranzit - town"
- Also they were advertising the bus mode since that was the main mode but ironically town - survival wins

The website callofduty.fandom.com even says that Green run is the name of the map and TranZit is the story mode although this site is a fan site as far as I know and i can't use it as evidence.

Even from a modding point of view it should be very logical that Tranzit isn't the map name since there are so many different modes on the same map.

Anyway, what's your opinion on this??
Please vote in my favour so i can teabag the weeb :D

Harry Bo21:

Tranzit is a play on “in transit”

because you travel around “green run” on a bus

green run is the name of a nuclear outbreak in Washington - the location prob was there

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Run

so yea you are right, based on that _and_ the files

if anything _tranzit_ is more the story chapter, just as _resolution 1945_ or whatever refers to the fact buried was a town from 1945 and die rise was a ton of dead people on a high rise

Spiki:

Tranzit is a play on “in transit”

because you travel around “green run” on a bus

green run is the name of a nuclear outbreak in Washington - the location prob was there

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Run

so yea you are right, based on that _and_ the files

if anything _tranzit_ is more the story chapter, just as _resolution 1945_ or whatever refers to the fact buried was a town from 1945 and die rise was a ton of dead people on a high rise

and mob of the dead is the story taking place on the map "alcatraz island"

i mean i really dont care if you call the map tranzit, mob, buried... but if you claim its the name of it and call me a dumbass then we have a problem

No ツ:

Green Run is a map. Tranzit is a 'gamemode' on that map.

Brodie3750:

I call it transit

thought he map itself is called Green Run - Transit is the game mode if I recall