Modme Forums

I can’t upload a map to the workshop.

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

Chroma:

I get an error that's cut off, and just says "ror updating Steam Workshop item. Error code:"

Chroma:

I've reset my xpak files, and deleted the workshop.json file. I'm not trying to update the map, it's the first time I'm uploading it.

Chroma:

Limiting the number of custom weapons seems to work.

Zixology:

Apparently it's an issue with how big the upload file is. If your map contains more than 2gb of assets, it won't work. Looks like my release will be cancelled until there's a fix.

Harry Bo21:

no its if _one file after being compressed by steam exceeds 2gb_

so your xpak - after the first progress bar when publishing, not the copy you see in your zone

Zixology:

no its if _one file after being compressed by steam exceeds 2gb_

so your xpak - after the first progress bar when publishing, not the copy you see in your zone

Even still. That doesn't make it any less of a problem.

Harry Bo21:

Even still. That doesn't make it any less of a problem.

I mean it is, coz if you are reducing shit but checking that, 2gb == to roughy .8 lol

Zixology:

I mean it is, coz if you are reducing shit but checking that, 2gb == to roughy .8 lol

I understand that there is a difference between 2gb and compressed 2gb. However, this is still a major problem for people who want to release higher quality maps that just can't fit into that margin.

Harry Bo21:

we found a temporary fix already, using a old steam client to upload

not a good idea tho, they will fix it eventually

Harry Bo21:

tbf half the maps on the workshop that are like 6 gb should really be less than 2, people just shove everything in

Zixology:

tbf half the maps on the workshop that are like 6 gb should really be less than 2, people just shove everything in

I'm hoping it gets fixed sooner rather than later. And honestly, more than half the "maps" on the workshop shouldn't be there. But we can't get an absolute win here.

Harry Bo21:

I'm hoping it gets fixed sooner rather than later. And honestly, more than half the "maps" on the workshop shouldn't be there. But we can't get an absolute win here.

Download the steam beta client and it works