Modme Forums

Ronan’s Custom Perk & Powerup Shaders

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

Ronan_M:

A bunch of perk shaders I've made in various styles.
Classic Black Ops 1 Style

Here's a set of "remastered" BO1/WaW style perk and powerup shaders. I've displayed the originals from BO1 alongside them for reference. The aim was to make them resemble their original counterparts as closely as possible, including 1:1 colours. I've also added Black Ops 4's perks to the set and similarly applied the older-fashioned / desaturated look to them. Some are slightly redesigned, Bandolier Bandit being the only I did completely to better fit the style. Included as well are alternate versions of Juggernog, Double Tap, and Bandolier Bandit to choose from.

Each source image is
128x128.

BO4's perks alongside some of the previous shaders to show how they fit together.

[IMG width="861px"]https://i.imgur.com/4tkJ9tg.png[/IMG]

Some more community perks.

[IMG width="1074px"]https://i.imgur.com/r82rfwB.png[/IMG]

Black Ops 2 Style

Here's a set of somewhat "redux" Black Ops 2 shaders. I made upscaled versions of those that were missing (Flopper, Deadshot, Who's Who, etc.), and thought I may as well release them together. Throughout there are subtle adjustments that thought might improve them, including adjusted Staminup and Electric Cherry, as well as colour adjustments to Vulture Aid (so as to differentiate it from Double Tap as they used the same base image originally). I also decided to include the "Broken Earth" versions of some, i.e. what they looked like pre-MOTD, for the craic like, to breath at least a bit of new life into them. As before, there are some alternate versions to choose from, like Juggernog and a BO3 style colour addition to powerups. Originals are displayed here where appropriate for reference.

Each source image is
64x64, as they were in BO2.

Black Ops 4's alongside some the existing ones.

Some more community perks.

Some of the alternate versions to choose from for certain perks.

Comic Style

A set of comic book style perk shaders as seen the Black Ops Zombies Android & iOS game. Thought this was a cool and unique enough style to release.
Each source image is 128x128.

Feedback & criticism are also welcome. Some are pretty old but quite a bit of effort went into them, so credit would be greatly appreciated. Requests are also welcome. Enjoy!

Credits

Treyarch - Original Perk Designs
Tom BMX - iPak Exporter
SirJammy - Original BO2 Instakill skull design

Logical Edits - Fighter Fizz & ICU designs
Infinity Ward - Original Comic alternate Vulture Aid design

Download

CLASSIC - Google Drive // MEGA
BO2
- Google Drive // MEGA
COMIC - Google Drive // MEGA

P.S.
Could any mods kindly delete my pervious post, and if possible my old account that made it: Delete Me Plz

Hatsune Blake:

All of these look amazing! Absolutely wonderful work.

[ Edicius ]:

All of these look amazing! Absolutely wonderful work.

I agree!!! I think they would fit really well with those older WW2 styled maps :sneaky: 😎

Ronan_M:

Added a BO2 set to the post.

DaintyMalice:

this is awesome!!! thank you :D I'm trying to get the death machine one to work on my map, but for some reason it's the only one that doesn't want to :( I've got it reading:

image,t7_hud_zm_powerup_giant_deathmachine3

(that's what I named it in APE), is there something I'm missing? :o Again though, thanks for these! they're awesome!!

Ronan_M:

this is awesome!!! thank you :D I'm trying to get the death machine one to work on my map, but for some reason it's the only one that doesn't want to :( I've got it reading:

image,t7_hud_zm_powerup_giant_deathmachine3

(that's what I named it in APE), is there something I'm missing? :scream: Again though, thanks for these! they're awesome!!

I believe it should be named t7_hud_zm_powerup_giant_deathmachine, so just a typo! You can actually check the official one that's in APE already if you want to double check too, just search for it in there. Also, thanks, glad you like them!

DaintyMalice:

I believe it should be named t7_hud_zm_powerup_giant_deathmachine, so just a typo! You can actually check the official one that's in APE already if you want to double check too, just search for it in there. Also, thanks, glad you like them!

awesome!! What I did was duplicate the official one and set that image to the custom, and then wrote in that image, the *t7_hud_zm_powerup_giant_deathmachine3* so I think I did something wrong haha. The reason I did that was it wouldn't allow me to create one with the same name. Is it okay to change the image for the official one?

Ronan_M:

awesome!! What I did was duplicate the official one and set that image to the custom, and then wrote in that image, the *t7_hud_zm_powerup_giant_deathmachine3* so I think I did something wrong haha. The reason I did that was it wouldn't allow me to create one with the same name. Is it okay to change the image for the official one?

Yes, it's totally fine. It's actually the only way to change it at the moment, well until someone figures out how to properly remake the powerup widget/container to allow you to set custom images a different way. Since it's gdt is present in APE, overwriting the name like the others doesn't work so you have to edit the source, you can back up the original one too if you'd like.

DaintyMalice:

Yes, it's totally fine. It's actually the only way to change it at the moment, well until someone figures out how to properly remake the powerup widget/container to allow you to set custom images a different way. Since it's gdt is present in APE, overwriting the name like the others doesn't work so you have to edit the source, you can back up the original one too if you'd like.

ah I see, awesome! thank you so much!

Ronan_M:

Added a set of Cold War style yokes to the post. If folks have requests or feel I've missed any, please let me know.

Ronan_M:

I was bored so I went back and updated the classic and BO2 sets, as well as adding some new community perks and powerup shaders to the mix.

ElwoodTheGreat:

[USER=1745]@Ronan_M[/USER]
Could you plz do Amm-O-Matic? I'm making a custom map and would love to use the Cold War shaders but there's no Amm-O-Matic yet.
Also could you make them DDS? For some reason when I install them, I get pixaly broken perk symbols.

Ronan_M:

Could you plz do Amm-O-Matic? I'm making a custom map and would love to use the Cold War shaders but there's no Amm-O-Matic yet.
Also could you make them DDS? For some reason when I install them, I get pixaly broken perk symbols.

Sorry for the late reply, do you mean Bandolier Bandit? As far as I know, Amm-O-Matic isn't a perk but rather a machine that you can buy ammo at, unless it's a custom perk of course. How are you setting up the images in APE? There shouldn't be any issues with the image format.

ElwoodTheGreat:

Yes Amm-O-Matic is a custom perk.
I use them as a shader (vending_deadshot_shader for example) and when I run them, they break and they look awful. I realize, when it is pre-converted to DDS, it looks better.
That's why I asked if you could do a DDS version.

Ronan_M:

Yes Amm-O-Matic is a custom perk.
I use them as a shader (vending_deadshot_shader for example) and when I run them, they break and they look awful. I realize, when it is pre-converted to DDS, it looks better.
That's why I asked if you could do a DDS version.

I think I know what you mean, ensure that the setting "Mipmap disable" is checked in APE. Otherwise it might be a consequence of their resolution and the resampling when their resized in-game, in which case I'll just have to revert back to 128x128 like the older ones. Here's Amm-O-Matic for you:

ElwoodTheGreat:

Thanks. Also what is APE? And also, you should when you have time and the ability, make a shader pack for Reaper's perks.

Ronan_M:

Thanks. Also what is APE? And also, you should when you have time and the ability, make a shader pack for Reaper's perks.

APE is the Asset Property Editor, it's the tool you use to set up assets for the game. And yeah, maybe some day.

ElwoodTheGreat:

Thanks. But since my APE is broken, is there a way you can make the files DDS?

Dundy:

Correct me if I'm wrong but bo3 doesn't support dds .

ElwoodTheGreat:

Correct me if I'm wrong but bo3 doesn't support dds .

I still use WAW.

ElwoodTheGreat:

In the future, can you do a Banana Colada CW shader?
And is the pink BO1 shader Elemental Pop or something different? BC it looks like a classic take on the famous CW perk :).

Ronan_M:

In the future, can you do a Banana Colada CW shader?
And is the pink BO1 shader Elemental Pop or something different? BC it looks like a classic take on the famous CW perk :).

You're not wrong, it would work well as Elemental Pop but it's actually a new Madgaz perk called 'Power-aid Punch'. I've no plans currently update the Cold War style as I think there's enough other people making them at the moment. I may revisit them in the future but not for now anyway.

Sklaxtik:

How do I install this for BO1?

Ronan_M:

How do I install this for BO1?

I've never modded BO1 before so unfortunately I can't answer that for you, I'm sure there's some tuts somewhere on the interwebs.

Ronan_M:

Added a new Comic Book style to the post.

Also removed the Cold War style since I wasn't particularly fond of how they turned out to begin with, plus I don't think they're necessary since there's plenty of other versions out there anyway like.