Modme Forums

Cant publish map, error updating steam workshop item!

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

blink-420:

So I've been trying for days to fix this problem and no solution that I've searched for seems to work :(
I'm getting and error "error updating steam workshop item" every time I attempt to publish my map.
I've deleted the workshop.json file, no luck
I've tried using different publish ID's, no luck
I've even moved the entire map into a new .map file and still no luck.
I'm completely lost at what to even try next... very frustrating putting months into a map and can't even publish it...
any help would be very very much appreciated <3

MyNameIsNobody:

I think just about everyone seems to be having issues with the steam workshop. Seen at least 10 ppl talk about it in different discord servers in the last few days.

blink-420:

Shit...anybody have any fixes?

Harry Bo21:

Yea go get a job working for steam and I’ll tell you what to do...

blink-420:

Yea go get a job working for steam and I’ll tell you what to do...

Okay I'll let you know once I'm hired :D

Zixology:

Seems like if an upload size is too big (at least 2gb from what I've noticed), it won't work. Meaning the only maps that can be uploaded at this time are blank troll maps, box maps and one window challenges... Joy...

Harry Bo21:

again

no its if _one file after being compressed by steam exceeds 2gb_

so your xpak - after the first progress bar when publishing, not the copy you see in your zone

BryceiBoi:

Compile with lower light quality reduced mine pretty good. Was then able to upload. Can't say the same will help others though but worth mentioning I guess.

Zixology:

Compile with lower light quality reduced mine pretty good. Was then able to upload. Can't say the same will help others though but worth mentioning I guess.

As I was only uploading for a private test, lighting was lowest quality. Most of the extra "size" is coming from the map itself, weapons, static models, character/enemy models and custom textures.

Kryptix:

Yeah there is a temp fix . Just make your Steam into (Steam Beta) I just uploaded my beta map and it's almost 4GB so this worked for me..

blink-420:

Yeah there is a temp fix . Just make your Steam into (Steam Beta) I just uploaded my beta map and it's almost 4GB so this worked for me..

Looks like that worked!