Modme Forums

Custom images crash my map when trying to be launched

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

the_bibba_boy:

Hey all.

I figured out what was causing my map to crash, and it was my custom images in a prefab. I remade all of the images in a separate prefab, thinking it will solve my issue. It did not.

After making all of the images in Radiant again, I compiled and linked and to no surprise: the map crashed.

I literally have no idea as to why they are causing my map to crash. YES, I have checked each of them individually in APE and nothing is missing and there are no “!” marks on any of them. Also, there are no errors regarding the images when compiled and linked. I’m at a dead end. I have no idea how to fix this and what could be causing this.
What’s also strange is that I have other custom images in my map that work fine, but for some reason, these ones refuse to work. These images also work in other test maps with the same prefab loaded, but somehow crash my main map.

Is there a limit to anything “custom image” related? Can you only have a certain number of custom images in your map at once?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you know a solution, please let me know.

Regards,
the_bibba_boy

RaGe-74:

Hey all.

I figured out what was causing my map to crash, and it was my custom images in a prefab. I remade all of the images in a separate prefab, thinking it will solve my issue. It did not.

After making all of the images in Radiant again, I compiled and linked and to no surprise: the map crashed.

I literally have no idea as to why they are causing my map to crash. YES, I have checked each of them individually in APE and nothing is missing and there are no “!” marks on any of them. Also, there are no errors regarding the images when compiled and linked. I’m at a dead end. I have no idea how to fix this and what could be causing this.
What’s also strange is that I have other custom images in my map that work fine, but for some reason, these ones refuse to work. These images also work in other test maps with the same prefab loaded, but somehow crash my main map.

Is there a limit to anything “custom image” related? Can you only have a certain number of custom images in your map at once?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you know a solution, please let me know.

Regards,
the_bibba_boy

I told you about image sizes before. What you think you know about images and mipmaps is incorrect. Fix the image sizes so they are to the power of 2. ie. 512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048 etc.

Harry Bo21:

Don’t need to do that just tick disable mipmaps if they arent

the_bibba_boy:

Don’t need to do that just tick disable mipmaps if they arent

I’ve been doing that since the start, all of the images with weird resolution are ticked with “mipmap disable” Is there for some reason a brush limit in Radiant?

the_bibba_boy:

I told you about image sizes before. What you think you know about images and mipmaps is incorrect. Fix the image sizes so they are to the power of 2. ie. 512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048 etc.

All of my other images in game are completely fine; I have images that are different sizes all over the place that didn’t cause crashes.

RaGe-74:

Cool, well you both seem to know what you're doing. Good luck..

the_bibba_boy:

Cool, well you both seem to know what you're doing. Good luck..

believe me I’m not super experienced at all when it comes to this lol... I’m just saying that the other images work fine with the resolutions; I’m not sure why these won’t work. I wish I can put them in a power of 2 multiply though. The thing is, a lot of images are rectangular and larger than usual, so the resolution is gonna be really low when viewed in game.

Harry Bo21:

believe me I’m not super experienced at all when it comes to this lol... I’m just saying that the other images work fine with the resolutions; I’m not sure why these won’t work. I wish I can put them in a power of 2 multiply though. The thing is, a lot of images are rectangular and larger than usual, so the resolution is gonna be really low when viewed in game.

I mean it’s smarter to use power of 2 just coz it computes faster

the_bibba_boy:

I mean it’s smarter to use power of 2 just coz it computes faster

Ok, so I definitely know it’s something relating to those images, I just made and added a new image to experiment, and it loaded in the game fine. I might just have to remake the images in APE all together. Im just so confused on why these images just randomly decided to stop working...