Modme Forums

Vasagle’s Melee Ports for BO3

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

Vasagle:

I don't see too many melee weapon ports available on here so I figured I would release the ones I have done. Not all weapons are 100% accurate to their original versions.

The instruction for installing the weapons are included in the download along with all required files.
DOWNLOAD - 40MB

All weapons act in the same way as a bowie knife, not a handheld melee

NOTE: all weapons are set at 4000 damage (one shot till 25), this can be changed in the gdt for the weapon.

- Uses basic bowie knife animations

- Uses basic bowie knife animations

- Uses some Nightbreaker animations

- Uses Nightbreaker anim for first raise because the actual anim didn't work

- Uses custom animations because the originals would not work
- Not pictured because there is an image limit
- Uses basic bowie animations

Enjoy my work? Consider donating!

KINGSLAYER:

How come you got an ammo counter on a melee weapon, Don't know if I'm missing something? Surely must be something wrong in ape, you use HydraX for the weaponfiles?

Vasagle:

How come you got an ammo counter on a melee weapon, Don't know if I'm missing something? Surely must be something wrong in ape, you use HydraX for the weaponfiles?

There is actually an ammo counter on all melee weapons including the bowie knife, you just cant see it because you never actually equip the weapon.

On the bowie knife the one purchased off the wall is actually a grenade weapon which doesn't have an ammo counter, once that animation is played the weapon is removed and the player's melee is replaced by real bowie knife. You can test this by giving yourself bowie_flourish and also bowie_knife.

As for the reason I don't do the whole grenade weapon thing, I felt it unnecessary just to remove the ammo counter from showing. What I do is put the first raise anim as the idle animation for the melee weapon. When the weapon is purchased, I replace the player's melee, force the player to switch to the weapon, it plays the idle animation, and I force them to switch weapons when the animation is over.

ElijahMyGuy:

Just wanted to say absolutely incredible work! I'm sure a lot of people are going to appreciate this

Arl the Grand:

Wonderful work. It would be cool if you did the Katana next. I think it would be cool to have a Katana that acts like a Bowie.

RllyyTwitchyy:

For sure gonna use these in the future! They look good and can't wait to use them!

Hatsune Blake:

Incredible work mate!! You're awesome.

bubba443:

I keep having errors compiling my .csc Any ideas?

^1ERROR: Material mtl_wpn_t7_loot_bowieknife_blade was not found in gdtDB

material:mc/mtl_wpn_t7_loot_bowieknife_blade

xmodel:butterfly_world

col_map:maps/zm/zm_lasagna_party.d3dbsp

^1The model (butterfly_world) uses material (mtl_wpn_t7_loot_bowieknife_blade) but there is no techset for surface 6

xmodel:butterfly_world