Modme Forums

Bypassing FX limits?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

koe1:

I'm running into an issue where some of my spawned in FXs will not show to players consistently. I think I'm hitting the upper cap on allowed FXs. Is there any way to guarantee a spawned in FX will play? I already set the priority to 1 (assuming lower number means more important) and the FX does play at times. The FX also contains a dynamic light. Any help would be appreciated.

RaGe-74:

I'm running into an issue where some of my spawned in FXs will not show to players consistently. I think I'm hitting the upper cap on allowed FXs. Is there any way to guarantee a spawned in FX will play? I already set the priority to 1 (assuming lower number means more important) and the FX does play at times. The FX also contains a dynamic light. Any help would be appreciated.

I have hit FX limits myself when I was making a MP map, which made me realise I had to rethink the way I was doing FX. I had flames not appearing on fire barrels, I had lights not lighting, rain not raining. I ended up making some new FX that covered larger areas instead of using multiple of the same thing. I'm assuming you're doing a zombie map like everyone else, which I can't help with, but you do have zones and triggers. You might be able to script in that FX from zone 1 would only be enabled only until you hit zone 2. Zone 2 until zone 3 and so on.
Harry would probably be better to talk to about that.

koe1:

That's pretty interesting in trying to control what FX are spawned per zone. My issue area is essentially an isolated boss zone and so there'd be no need to spawn any FX outside this area. I'll look into that. Thanks for the info!