Modme Forums

ASSERTION ERROR - map not compiling

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

Dedrix:

Getting this error when compiling my map
ASSERTBEGIN -------------------------------------------------------------------

(tot_faces == triCount)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\cod2map64.exe

q:\t7\pc\code\tools\cod2map\collision.cpp:1131

ASSERTEND ---------------------------------------------------------------------

If I (Ignore) the errors my map looks fine but there is no collision with a whole area which is a Prefab
Any help?!?!

Dedrix:

Sorry guys still getting this error, I've rebuilt the prefab that's causing this error and it's happening again. If anyone knows how I can fix this it would be great thanks

Spiki:

upload the prefab

RaGe-74:

is the prefab a model or a brush ?

Dedrix:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\/gdtdb/gdtdb.exe /update

gdtDB: updating

processed (0 GDTs) (0 assets) in 1.631 sec

gdtDB: successfully updated database.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\cod2map64.exe -platform pc -navmesh -navvolume -loadFrom C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\map_source\zm\zm_hornburg.map C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\raw\maps\zm\zm_hornburg.d3dbsp

main: Enter

FPU Precision set to 64 bits

CoD2Map: T7

Build Changelist: 3421987

Build Machine: CODBUILD8-764

---- cod2map ----

navmesh = true

navvolume = full generation

----- FS_Startup -----

Current search path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\devraw

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\devdiscdata

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\devraw

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\raw

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\raw

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\discdata

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/pc/\devdiscdata

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/pc/\devraw

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/pc/\raw

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/pc/\discdata

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\main

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/pc/\main

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/pc/\players

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/pc/\zone

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops III/pc/\local_storage

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\raw\english

----------------------

Connected to data signature database

Loading map file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\map_source\zm\zm_hornburg.map

reveal volume decal texture 32x16, 520 bytes. 2 packed 0 unpacked. 2 voldecals.

restricting BSP to sky brushes

writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\raw\maps\zm\zm_hornburg.d3dprt

finding triangle windings...

assigning primary lights...

splitting windings into lightable areas...

coalescing coincident windings...

removing occluded winding fragments...

finding sun shadow casters...

splitting large windings...

merging into concave windings...

finished in 7 seconds

fixing t-junctions...

tethering holes to their concave windings...

finding index mapping and snapping vertices...

triangulating all windings...

0 self-tjunctions fixed

0 degenerate tris removed

smoothing normals...

emitting triangles...

17238 vertices couldn't be merged because the textures point different ways

finished in 17 seconds

emitting cells and portals...

building curve/terrain collision...
ASSERTBEGIN -------------------------------------------------------------------

(tot_faces == triCount)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\cod2map64.exe

q:\t7\pc\code\tools\cod2map\collision.cpp:1131

ASSERTEND ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the build. The prefab is a whole room with custom models and prefabs so it might be a little tricky to do that. The picture is of part of the room and each of those arches is its own prefab so could that be the issue there?!? I dunno aye.

Spiki:

compiler says theres a problem building collision

mentions faces and triangle count. idk what it means with that but did you ant any point make any vert of a patch go through that same patch?

like so:

Dedrix:

compiler says theres a problem building collision

mentions faces and triangle count. idk what it means with that but did you ant any point make any vert of a patch go through that same patch?

like so:

Alright so I couldn't find anything like that so I chopped up the prefab into smaller parts to try and narrow it down, and every time I added too many of them together it would eventually give me the error. It seemes to be something to do with these arches & curves...
So I just no-collided all of them and now I no longer get the error. Still don't know what the precise problem was though🙄
Thanks for the help Spiki btw

Dedrix:

Also do you reckon having this many prefabs in a map is problematic?

Spiki:

Also do you reckon having this many prefabs in a map is problematic?

no. the compiler mashes everything together

Dundy:

I,am guessing that you fall trough all parts that are brown/yellow if so there all non colliding..select the parts and make them structural if there in a prefab open prefab first..

ThomassOind:

Во области беттинга букмекерская учреждение 1overcome
ранее строй возраст берет для себя ставки в спорт действия
также дает инвесторам хорошую подпись, отличные коэффициенты 1win
также подвижное дополнение. В Том Числе И в малом телефоне,
пребывание присутствии устойчивого тенета интернет,
прибавление довольно функционировать. Ради Того Воеже исполнять
мониторинги в обожаемые выдержки, абонент обязан сформировать
видеоигровой акк.

ThomassOind:

Во области беттинга букмекерская учреждение 1overcome
ранее ряд возраст берет на себя ставки в спорт действия