Modme Forums
Menu:

Having a few issues with prefabs and lighting

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

Greaven:

Hey so I'm pretty new to modding, and when mapping, I had some window prefabs that I was using, I had 4 of them in the map and suddenly, one of them dissapeared and got replaced by a red box which I cannot select or do anything to, in 2D view it's called "misc_prefab". Also, I tried to reload the previous save and when I loaded back in, this had happened to the remaining 3 that was in the map. I also tried to reimport the prefabs, but everytime they come in as this red box.

Second issue is with lighting,it doesn't seem to show the lighting in the map, it doesn't cast shadows orhave any effect on the map at all, all I see is the "orb" which you adjust for the light, but it doesn't react with the map.

If anybody could help me with these issues, that would be great!

-Robin

Greaven:

I actually just found this in the log regarding the prefab: 12:37:51: ERROR: Can't find xmodel '_prefabs/zm/zm_newcustom/windows/window_square_breakable.map' in gdtDB

Now, the file is in the folder stated in the error, but I don't know what it refers to when it says "in gdtDB"

Spiki:

First the lighting. I'm assuming you're talking about a light you placed in the map. If you don't see it it's either because it's too small (change radius) or the map is too bright and you need to increase the stops on the light. As for the shadows, you need to untick noshadowmaps

As for the prefabs, you probably changed them to models by accident. I'm basing this off your error.

Select the boxes and remap them to a prefab

Greaven:

First the lighting. I'm assuming you're talking about a light you placed in the map. If you don't see it it's either because it's too small (change radius) or the map is too bright and you need to increase the stops on the light. As for the shadows, you need to untick noshadowmaps

As for the prefabs, you probably changed them to models by accident. I'm basing this off your error.

Select the boxes and remap them to a prefab

Hey, thanks for the reply. All though, I now have another weird problem, so I just reopened the map in radiant, and the windows are back, no idea why, but I will keep this in mind if it happens again!

Second, the light, so I got the shadows, but I put the light inside a lamp, and now the lamp is insanely bright, it's literally white. I have no ideahow to fix this, I've played around with the settings and the lamp stays white no matter it seems like.I don't know if it's the map that is too bright outside the building or not?

Greaven:

For the record, I even put the stops down to 1 and it's still bright af

Greaven:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, sometimes I hate myself. I figured out the problem... I had TWO lights at the same spot... please excuse my stupidity I'm going to bed forever now, thank you