Modme Forums

Custom Voice lines for individual mods

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Models & Animation

Wunderzorro:

I’m not making a zombie map, I’m making custom models and I want to know how to add custom lines into them when you’re making a mod and not a zombie map.

I’ve looked everywhere and there hasn’t been any reaching out to help. All the tutorials I’ve looked at are when you’re adding them to a zombie map, that’s not what I’m doing. I’m just making a mod.

Kenny:

I made a custom mod for myself that replaces the characters of all maps with the SOE characters (including their voice lines) and also does some other stuff.
It's acutally exactly the same way you would put it into the map.

add your alias file to your zm_mod.zone
add your alias file to your zm_mod.szc
add

thread add_zm_vox();
to your zm_mod.gsc main function
and add this function into your gsc file

function add_zm_vox()
{
    zm_audio::loadPlayerVoiceCategories("gamedata/audio/zm/zm_vox.csv");
}

I'm not sure if that helps but if you don't have it already i would recommend you to use TrueGamerCalls Mod Template. it makes things a lot easier
https://forum.modme.co/threads/tgc-mod-template-easy-to-make-mods-for-zm-mp.2390/

Wunderzorro:

I made a custom mod for myself that replaces the characters of all maps with the SOE characters (including their voice lines) and also does some other stuff.
It's acutally exactly the same way you would put it into the map.

add your alias file to your zm_mod.zone
add your alias file to your zm_mod.szc
add
thread add_zm_vox();
to your zm_mod.gsc main function
and add this function into your gsc file

function add_zm_vox()
{
    zm_audio::loadPlayerVoiceCategories("gamedata/audio/zm/zm_vox.csv");
}

I'm not sure if that helps but if you don't have it already i would recommend you to use TrueGamerCalls Mod Template. it makes things a lot easier
https://forum.modme.co/threads/tgc-mod-template-easy-to-make-mods-for-zm-mp.2390/

It kinda did. The only lines that play are the ones for when the player gets hurt. Any Idea how to fix that?

Kenny:

It kinda did. The only lines that play are the ones for when the player gets hurt. Any Idea how to fix that?

- make sure that you use a valid player voice categories file inside your add zm vox function
- do you get an error during compiling from the sound compiler? Something like "object reference not set to an instance of an object". If yes , comment out the sound file/s that throws errors from your alias and see if that works
- rebulld your sound files - remove sabs and sabl files from your mod directory. (You maybe have to link 2 times)

Wunderzorro:

- make sure that you use a valid player voice categories file inside your add zm vox function
- do you get an error during compiling from the sound compiler? Something like "object reference not set to an instance of an object". If yes , comment out the sound file/s that throws errors from your alias and see if that works
- rebulld your sound files - remove sabs and sabl files from your mod directory. (You maybe have to link 2 times)

I don't know what any of that means, I'm sorry.

And no, I didn't get any errors,

Kenny:

see, you can actually follow any tutorial that shows how to put voxes into a map and everytime the tutorial says to put something into "usermaps/zm_yourmap" you put it into "mods/mod_yourmod" instead.
instead of "zm_yourmap.szc" call the files for example "mod_yourmod.szc"

you can find many tutorials about this on this forum, youtube or here:
https://wiki.zeroy.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_bo3:_ZM_Voxes

once you've set everything up you can just replace the files inside your vox aliases file (share/raw/sound/aliases/zm_vox.csv)

hope this helps