Modme Forums

20$ to the first person that can get my weapon port sounds working

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

TrapGodRa:

After 20 hours of not being able to figure out why none of my sounds are linking and loading into my map i'm ready to pay a professional,

CaramelFudge:

My guess would be to delete your snd sabs and recompile but I dunno for sure and no money necessary if it works lol

CaramelFudge:

could be the format as well are they 16 bit wav?

TrapGodRa:

My guess would be to delete your snd sabs and recompile but I dunno for sure and no money necessary if it works lol

thank you im trying that now i did notice an error eralier when i tried again it said i have more than one sound entry could that be the issue?

TrapGodRa:

that made my game crash without giving any errors i had to manually add the sabs back

CaramelFudge:

the sabs automatically regenerate after a bunch of compiles it would help if i knew what youve added some alias you find in on the web
have

#name
#name

then
the user alias properties here
this causes a error
while the # = ignore similar to // to comment out at the top it causes shit to break well in my experience any ways

CaramelFudge:

In here are the files u needed to delete to do this test.

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\ YOUR MAP NAME HERE \sound\zone\CachedBanks

they will regenerate if no sound is playing then its another issue

Kenny:

i want to add to CaramelFudge's comment:
also delete all folders inside "usermaps/zm_yourmap/zone/snd" and then try to compile again. if it doesn't work the first time try to compile it a second time.

if you get an error message like this during linking (i dont know the exact message): "snd_convert.exe - Object reference not set to an instance of an object." then try to comment out the sound/alias it's referring to from your sound aliases file. keep commenting out the aliases it has problems with until you don't get this message anymore. If you get this error the sound converter will stop linking any of the sounds after this point.

I guess this is obvious but i'll say it anyway just in case: make sure that your .szc file is valid (check the spelling of your aliases file etc.)

If none of this works here is the hard way: Create a new aliases file, put in 2 or 3 sounds, delete all sound files that me and CaramelFudge mentioned and try linking 1 or 2 times. If those 2-3 sounds are working then try putting in your aliases in smaller steps. let's say if you have 600 lines than try adding 200 or 100 at a time, compile and check if it works. If at some point it stops working it will help you to nail down the problem.

It's not necessary but would help a lot if you just share your sound alias file and maybe also your szc file here.