Modme Forums

Spawn/Turn on lights at runtime?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

Bowser32:

I want to have lights throughout the map that you can use points to turn on, because of the number of lights it wouldn't be possible to use lighting states.
Is spawning and/or turning lights on and off at runtime supported? It seems like lighting states are the only way to control lighting. I'd consider myself fairly familiar with scripting so far so I don't mind if the solution is complicated.

Brodie3750:

I want to have lights throughout the map that you can use points to turn on, because of the number of lights it wouldn't be possible to use lighting states.
Is spawning and/or turning lights on and off at runtime supported? It seems like lighting states are the only way to control lighting. I'd consider myself fairly familiar with scripting so far so I don't mind if the solution is complicated.

do you mean to just turn lights on and off at any point throughout the match?
And do you want this to be manual or to automatically turn on at certain points

I think it was Symbo, has a tut on YouTube for light switches so you can walk up and turn lights on and off.
Probs worth a watch to get you started at least?

Bowser32:

do you mean to just turn lights on and off at any point throughout the match?
And do you want this to be manual or to automatically turn on at certain points

I think it was Symbo, has a tut on YouTube for light switches so you can walk up and turn lights on and off.
Probs worth a watch to get you started at least?

Perfect this is exactly what I needed, thank you and Symbo so much
It's so hard to find these smaller videos but they cover things that are so useful in mapping