Modme Forums

Zombies spawn in my second zone but don’t attempt to move to attack the player.

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

Nikon:

So I have a two zones, the start zone and the second zone which I named test_zone. I have a door setup that has a script_flag for "enter_test_zone" so when I buy the door, the test zone will activate. Everything works completely fine asides from the zombies, the kvps are properly spelled and have the targetname of "test_zone_spawner" which is also the target for my test zone. When I go through the door frame after I buy the door I have a Shadows of Evil Teleporter that sends me up a floor to the test zone from the start zone. I wait for zombies to spawn there, which they do. However when they spawn, they don't attack me. I've done this around 5 different times with 5 different test maps and I've gotten the same result even though I've done everything perfectly. Why aren't the zombies attacking me? Forgot to also mention that the zombies in the start zone spawn perfectly fine and actually attempt to attack me. It's only the test zone zombies that spawn but don't try to attack me.

Spiki:

I'm guessing the zoms have no way of walking from zone 1 to zone 2 so all you need to do is put in a pathnode from the entity browser. I think its info/pathnode (light violet box)

Nikon:

I'm guessing the zoms have no way of walking from zone 1 to zone 2 so all you need to do is put in a pathnode from the entity browser. I think its info/pathnode (light violet box)

Oooohhhh, that makes so much more sense. I was wondering why when I put my area down so that it's level with the start zone the zoms would start moving again. That really helped a lot, Thanks! Oh and what should I do with said pathnode in terms of kvps and everything.

Spiki:

Oooohhhh, that makes so much more sense. I was wondering why when I put my area down so that it's level with the start zone the zoms would start moving again. That really helped a lot, Thanks! Oh and what should I do with said pathnode in terms of kvps and everything.

Nothing. Just pathnode

Nikon:

Nothing. Just pathnode

Little bit of an extra question, I have Shadows teleporters set up and I need the zombies to teleport from one zone to another when the player goes through the teleporter. How would I go about this?

Spiki:

Little bit of an extra question, I have Shadows teleporters set up and I need the zombies to teleport from one zone to another when the player goes through the teleporter. How would I go about this?

The simple way is to stamp a traversal, remove the anim, and position the nodes. Then make a trigger on top of the green node and teleport them

tmk_boi:

So I have a two zones, the start zone and the second zone which I named test_zone. I have a door setup that has a script_flag for "enter_test_zone" so when I buy the door, the test zone will activate. Everything works completely fine asides from the zombies, the kvps are properly spelled and have the targetname of "test_zone_spawner" which is also the target for my test zone. When I go through the door frame after I buy the door I have a Shadows of Evil Teleporter that sends me up a floor to the test zone from the start zone. I wait for zombies to spawn there, which they do. However when they spawn, they don't attack me. I've done this around 5 different times with 5 different test maps and I've gotten the same result even though I've done everything perfectly. Why aren't the zombies attacking me? Forgot to also mention that the zombies in the start zone spawn perfectly fine and actually attempt to attack me. It's only the test zone zombies that spawn but don't try to attack me.

add some path nodes where test_zone is

Nikon:

The simple way is to stamp a traversal, remove the anim, and position the nodes. Then make a trigger on top of the green node and teleport them

Could you explain into detail what I need to do? I'm still kinda new to this so I'm unsure of what to do. I also need the zombies to chase me through the teleporter once I go through it. Because I tried using a prefab someone made and it teleports them, but they don't chase me through the teleporter.