Modme Forums

Ronan’s Custom Round Numbers (Drag & Drop)

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

Ronan_M:

Hey all, here's some custom round numbers I made for the craic, in the same bloody style as Black Ops 3 made to resemble various styles from past games. Open to making more styles in future if I have time and there is enough interest or any requests.

Each image is
84x120, similar to BO3's originals, and also include the _act& _glowimages for proper round transitions.

Legacy - World at War's UI and round number font.
Morris - A display font from Black Ops 1 that was also used for round numbers in some old WaW custom maps which I thought it worked well.
Ops - Black Ops 1's UI and round number font.

Update (12-10-2020):

Afterlife - Textures ported straight from Black Ops 2's Mob of the Dead. I thought they looked pretty neat and could work as round numbers too.

I also made many small adjustments across the board to ensure each character's size is more consistent, as well as some further visual updates to some. The downloads have been updated accordingly. I actually got around to re-taking the in-game screenshots with the correct round widget scale. Current screenshots are now much more representative of how they'll look for anyone who downloads them.

Update (17-10-2020):

Broken Earth - I thought I might as well complete the set of games from which the inspiration for all of these is derived, so here's Black Ops 2's UI & round number font too. For the craic, I also included a crossed zero alternative as I felt like it fit for this style.

Update (03-11-2020):

Murderer - Requested, so I quickly threw this together. Actually turned out pretty well in game.

In Game Screenshots

Installation Instructions

Download the .zip and drag & drop the texture_assetsfolder into your BO3 root. You can double check that they've been installed correctly by opening custom_round_numbers.gdtin APE and verifying that the images are showing up and there are no errors.

Next up add the following lines to the .zone file of any map you want to use them in:

image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr0
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr0_act
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr0_glow
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr1
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr1_act
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr1_glow
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr2
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr2_act
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr2_glow
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr3
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr3_act
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr3_glow
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr4
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr4_act
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr4_glow
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr5
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr5_act
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr5_glow
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr6
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr6_act
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr6_glow
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr7
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr7_act
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr7_glow
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr8
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr8_act
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr8_glow
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr9
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr9_act
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr9_glow

Finally, you'll need to remove / comment out the existing round numbers from the asset lists in the zone_sourcefolder. Navigate to Call of Duty Black Ops III\zone_source\all\assetlistand open two files: zm_common.csv& zm_levelcommon.csv(to be honest, I'm not sure whether you actually need to edit both but this is what worked for me anyways). You can either remove the named list of images or use the code below rather than commenting them manually. Of course I recommend you create backups of both files before editing them.

# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr0
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr0_act
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr0_glow
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr1
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr1_act
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr1_glow
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr2
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr2_act
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr2_glow
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr3
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr3_act
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr3_glow
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr4
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr4_act
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr4_glow
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr5
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr5_act
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr5_glow
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr6
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr6_act
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr6_glow
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr7
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr7_act
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr7_glow
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr8
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr8_act
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr8_glow
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr9
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr9_act
# image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr9_glow

If you want to download all of them, you easily manage the .gdts in a way that you can seamlessly switch between them for inclusion in different maps. Simply edit the .gdt with a text editor and replace all occurrences of the set's name with the other. For example, you would replace all occurrences of legacywith morris, save the file, and that's job done. Link your mod and they should now be appearing in game.

This can of course serve as a tutorial on how to add your own round numbers too, just add your own in place of mine. Again, feedback is welcome. Please let me know if there are any issues with installation, my instructions, or the thing just not working at all lol.

Credits

Treyarch - Original 'Afterlife' Textures
Tom BMX - iPak Exporter

Downloads

Legacy - Google Drive // MEGA
Morris - Google Drive // MEGA
Ops - Google Drive // MEGA
Afterlife - Google Drive // MEGA
Broken Earth - Google Drive // MEGA
Murderer - Google Drive // MEGA

Ronan_M:

Added two more styles to choose from that I had made a while ago, thought I might as well release them as well after touching them up a bit.

mdonledo:

Hey what did you mean by this part in the instructions?
"// What you can use to easily comment out the images in the assetlists"
Sorry if this is an easy question I don't know much lol

Ronan_M:

Hey what did you mean by this part in the instructions?
"// What you can use to easily comment out the images in the assetlists"
Sorry if this is an easy question I don't know much lol

They're the lines in the assetlist that need to be commented out, here they're given already commented out for you so you can just copy and paste this over what's there instead of having to comment lines manually. Just a slight shortcut I thought I'd include.

RllyyTwitchyy:

Whenever i build my map this shows up?

ERROR: (image texture_assets\ronan\round_numbers\ops\zm_round_number_ops_0.png) mip maps not supported for non power of two

^1Could not convert image 'uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr0'.

image:uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr0

csv:zone_source/zm_warfare.zone

^1ERROR: image 'uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr0' is missing

Converting image uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr0_act

Load 84x120 (84x120)

ERROR: (image texture_assets\ronan\round_numbers\ops\zm_round_number_ops_0_act.png) mip maps not supported for non power of two

this happens for every single one, and i followed instructions

Ronan_M:

Whenever i build my map this shows up?

ERROR: (image texture_assets\ronan\round_numbers\ops\zm_round_number_ops_0.png) mip maps not supported for non power of two

^1Could not convert image 'uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr0'.

^1ERROR: image 'uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr0' is missing

Converting image uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_nmbr0_act

Load 84x120 (84x120)

ERROR: (image texture_assets\ronan\round_numbers\ops\zm_round_number_ops_0_act.png) mip maps not supported for non power of two

this happens for every single one, and i followed instructions

Apologies to all, upon checking the included .gdts this is due to a fuck up on my part. 'Mipmap Disable' is supposed to be checked, and is in the .gdt I was testing with, but isn't in the .gdts included in the release. So I've fixed that and updated the downloads so just re-download and it should be good.

Ronan_M:

Added a new style to the post, plus some updates to the others.

BPJEEZ:

is this possible to change round number in black ops 1 ?

Ronan_M:

is this possible to change round number in black ops 1 ?

I'm sure you can, but I don't know anything about modding that game

JEmerald174:

Can you do this in the "You Murderer BB" font? :)

Ronan_M:

Can you do this in the "You Murderer BB" font? :)

Done and added to the post, pure decent font it turns out like

SGT.FUNNYMAN:

Hey so I've dam near lost my mind trying to add the Morris Round Style and follow the directions exactly yet the round numbers are still the same as before, I even went about modifying the GDT's to have a "_1" at the end to differentiate from the old ones and changed the zone file ones to also have the _1 at the end but still nothing. currently trying the OPS style but goig insane trying to find what I did wrong.

Ronan_M:

Hey so I've dam near lost my mind trying to add the Morris Round Style and follow the directions exactly yet the round numbers are still the same as before, I even went about modifying the GDT's to have a "_1" at the end to differentiate from the old ones and changed the zone file ones to also have the _1 at the end but still nothing. currently trying the OPS style but goig insane trying to find what I did wrong.

Changing the image's names in APE and the .zone file will never work because you're trying to override the ones the game is using, so if the names don't match, naturally nothing will be overwritten. This is if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly. Otherwise all I can say is just double check that you've done everything correctly, which I'm guessing you've done multiple times already, but still.

SGT.FUNNYMAN:

Hey so wanted to follow up, have been redoing the round numbers as I play test my map, I figured out that your round numbers DO work, however its weird bug where up until round 5 it uses the original round numbers then switches to yours? Not sure why lol but wanted to let you know and anyone else that is having that happen that the its just a bug. Want to say thank you your round numbers are great!

eDeK:

Try this:

image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk1def
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk2def
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk3def
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk4def
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk5def

image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk1glow
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk2glow
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk3glow
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk4glow
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk5glow

image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk1act
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk2act
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk3act
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk4act
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk5act

SGT.FUNNYMAN:

ok will do thanks

Ronan_M:

Hey so wanted to follow up, have been redoing the round numbers as I play test my map, I figured out that your round numbers DO work, however its weird bug where up until round 5 it uses the original round numbers then switches to yours? Not sure why lol but wanted to let you know and anyone else that is having that happen that the its just a bug. Want to say thank you your round numbers are great!

Thanks! This is also not a bug, I just never changed the tally mark images as I only actually replaced the numbers. Maybe in the future I might make some different styles just to change it up a bit.

Try this:
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk1def
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk2def
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk3def
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk4def
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk5def

image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk1glow
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk2glow
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk3glow
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk4glow
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk5glow

image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk1act
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk2act
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk3act
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk4act
image,uie_t7_zm_hud_rnd_mrk5act

Yes, these are the correct images for round numbers but since I never made any, nothing will change (unless of course you have you're own that you're trying to implement). Otherwise the process is exactly the same when setting them up, i.e. with the matching image names in APE and commenting out the corresponding ones in the same asset list as before.