Modme Forums

cod2map64.exe error?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Frost Iceforge

I get this error when I compile my map:

(WindingAreaWithKnownNormal( wInner, plane ) <= 0)

F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\cod2map64.exe

q:\t7\pc\code\tools\cod2map\tris_mergeconcave.cpp:454

And it adds the error text to my clipboard and asks if I want to ignore it or abort compile. My map still runs when I ignore it, but I get frame drops.

EDIT:

Turns out frame drops were caused by something else. Now this error persists with no visible issues.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag

Frost

I get this error when I compile my map:

(WindingAreaWithKnownNormal( wInner, plane ) <= 0)

F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\cod2map64.exe

q:\t7\pc\code\tools\cod2map\tris_mergeconcave.cpp:454

And it adds the error text to my clipboard and asks if I want to ignore it or abort compile. My map still runs when I ignore it, but I get frame drops.

EDIT:

Turns out frame drops were caused by something else. Now this error persists with no visible issues.

You have 2 patches in eachother. For example if you have a cone, and a cylinder in it, but not touching the cone it will give you this error

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Fil he Modder
it is most likely a model causing the problem, in my case it was a german soldier model edited in the pose manipulator, after i removed him, the map compiled and ran no problem, try checking the most recent models

xReaction:

For anyone thats getting this error in the future, your skybox is most likely too small and geo is inside it. I fixed it by just making the skybox bigger (the bottom of it too) :)