Modme Forums

Volumetric Lighting help!

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

Koguchi:

Hey everyone, I'm not 100% sure what went wrong here. I added volumetric lighting into my map, following Verk0's tutorial on YouTube, and all of a sudden when I actually run my map, I load in but get a black screen with the HUD, if I shoot I can see my bullets being shot but I have no gun or reload sound AT ALL, but I can hear everything else and walk around, seems like normal game just with no screen or gun sounds. I've rebuilt lighting and recompiled numerous times, as well as try and see if its something on the APE side of things, and I've googled and tried to find a fix for this but I've come up with nothing. If anyone here can offer some insight into what may be causing the problem, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks a ton!

Brodie3750:

Hey everyone, I'm not 100% sure what went wrong here. I added volumetric lighting into my map, following Verk0's tutorial on YouTube, and all of a sudden when I actually run my map, I load in but get a black screen with the HUD, if I shoot I can see my bullets being shot but I have no gun or reload sound AT ALL, but I can hear everything else and walk around, seems like normal game just with no screen or gun sounds. I've rebuilt lighting and recompiled numerous times, as well as try and see if its something on the APE side of things, and I've googled and tried to find a fix for this but I've come up with nothing. If anyone here can offer some insight into what may be causing the problem, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks a ton!

have you probed?
cant think of any reason why volumetric lighting would mess up your map
all your doing is ticking a box on the light entity and placing a fog in the map

Koguchi:

have you probed?
cant think of any reason why volumetric lighting would mess up your map
all your doing is ticking a box on the light entity and placing a fog in the map

yeahhhh I figured it out haha. It turns out when I made a new LUT specifically for my map I entered the text incorrectly in the worldspawn which made my screen black, as for the weapon sounds, my user_aliases.csv file was completely reset somehow so I just added the lines back to that and it was fixed. I do need to fix my probes though, my lighting is really messed up right now which is kinda the next thing on the shopping list lol. Thanks for the reply though, I appreciate it!