Modme Forums

Using blender for models

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Models & Animation

panzersoldat:

Is it possible to use blender to set up an xmodel to be used in bo3 ? I can get a model into it but I can't figure out how to attach materials/textures or even set the model up properly with meshes or whatever is required, would anybody be able to either explain or point me in the direction I need to go in order to find out this information?

demonzz:

Hi, it's possible to do it in blender although it can be a tricky process. first of all, you need blender 2.79 as the newer versions don't quite work yet, and then you need to install this addon https://github.com/CoDEmanX/blender-cod.

you can search up a tutorial on youtube on how to get it working in APE and Radiant (aka BO3) and it should tell you how to set the materials up.

when you open the mod tools there are 3 buttons you can click on top; Asset Properties Editor, Radiant and export2bin. Once you export the model into an xmodel format from blender you need to open export2bin and drag the xmodel onto there to convert into an xmodel_bin so you can use it in APE.

personally ive been having constant issues with UV maps not aligning properly and the overall models not showing up fully so from personal experience i would honestly go through the effort of getting maya and doing everything from there but it is possible in blender.

panzersoldat:

Hi, it's possible to do it in blender although it can be a tricky process. first of all, you need blender 2.79 as the newer versions don't quite work yet, and then you need to install this addon https://github.com/CoDEmanX/blender-cod.

you can search up a tutorial on youtube on how to get it working in APE and Radiant (aka BO3) and it should tell you how to set the materials up.

when you open the mod tools there are 3 buttons you can click on top; Asset Properties Editor, Radiant and export2bin. Once you export the model into an xmodel format from blender you need to open export2bin and drag the xmodel onto there to convert into an xmodel_bin so you can use it in APE.

personally ive been having constant issues with UV maps not aligning properly and the overall models not showing up fully so from personal experience i would honestly go through the effort of getting maya and doing everything from there but it is possible in blender.

Ok thank you for your help

demonzz:

Ok thank you for your help

Hey, I've since learned that the exporting problem is due to the addon for blender. For some reason, the UV's for models randomly export flipped and reversed completely messing up the textures and materials. Personally, doing everything through maya is 100x easier with a lot fewer random bugs.

Glad I could help.

panzersoldat:

Hey, I've since learned that the exporting problem is due to the addon for blender. For some reason, the UV's for models randomly export flipped and reversed completely messing up the textures and materials. Personally, doing everything through maya is 100x easier with a lot fewer random bugs.

Glad I could help.

With Maya needing proof of education for the student version, and being unable to get it, I'm forced to try and learn it with blender, thanks for your time and help

demonzz:

With Maya needing proof of education for the student version, and being unable to get it, I'm forced to try and learn it with blender, thanks for your time and help

I see how that's slightly inconvenient. Good luck with the blender plugin though, I hope you don't run into the same issues as me. Make sure you check the GitHub page every now and then for an updated version of the plugin

panzersoldat:

I see how that's slightly inconvenient. Good luck with the blender plugin though, I hope you don't run into the same issues as me. Make sure you check the GitHub page every now and then for an updated version of the plugin

Thank you