Modme Forums

Major game problem

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

Magicman:

Hello, when I try to run "Call of Duty: Black Ops 3" the game simply does not start. I will get a black screen for a few seconds, but then it will just close. I have no clue what the problem is, I have updated my drivers, the game worked fine on my pc for years and then one day just suddenly stopped working. I have also verified integrity of game files, run the game in compatibility mode, run as administrator, played in developer mode etc. I have also uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, and when that didn't work, I uninstalled steam and reinstalled it, then reinstalled the game, and it still does not work. I know this isn't exactly directly related to the mod tools, however I have a feeling they're related somehow. Thanks!

ItzRexx-_-:

Indeed I have had this exact same problem, add exception to bo3 root and .exe in your anti-virus software and or.. watch these videos:

Magicman:

Indeed I have had this exact same problem, add exception to bo3 root and .exe in your anti-virus software and or.. watch these videos:

I really appreciate it, but it still isn't working. Another thing I should mention, is that one time I got it to work by completely uninstalling steam, then reinstalled everything. It worked for like a day, then stopped working again. Now, even if I do that, it still doesn't work. I also don't just get a black screen, I sort of get a black screen with a grey border.

RaGe-74:

Hello, when I try to run "Call of Duty: Black Ops 3" the game simply does not start. I will get a black screen for a few seconds, but then it will just close. I have no clue what the problem is, I have updated my drivers, the game worked fine on my pc for years and then one day just suddenly stopped working. I have also verified integrity of game files, run the game in compatibility mode, run as administrator, played in developer mode etc. I have also uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, and when that didn't work, I uninstalled steam and reinstalled it, then reinstalled the game, and it still does not work. I know this isn't exactly directly related to the mod tools, however I have a feeling they're related somehow. Thanks!

Just taking a stab in the dark here, but If BO3 is in a massive directory structure, it simply will not work. Mine is in F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III
if it was longer than that (i think the limit is 255 characters), it won't run. Use process of elimination. Try moving it to just X:\Call of Duty Black Ops III, re-connect paths in steam and see if that fixes it. Try another drive entirely. Try safe mode, put it on an external and try it in another PC.

Magicman:

Just taking a stab in the dark here, but If BO3 is in a massive directory structure, it simply will not work. Mine is in F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III
if it was longer than that (i think the limit is 255 characters), it won't run. Use process of elimination. Try moving it to just X:\Call of Duty Black Ops III, re-connect paths in steam and see if that fixes it. Try another drive entirely. Try safe mode, put it on an external and try it in another PC.

Again, thank you, but that did not work either. I don't have another pc to test it on unfortunately.