Modme Forums

Adding Enemy Soldiers To A Map?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Models & Animation

Sleepy216:

So I was hoping to add enemy soldiers to my map. I'm aware that it will involve scripting to set up spawns etc, and I can do that part. My issue is, I have never messed with ai animations. Except for adding one animation to the zombies, by adding it to the zm_genesis_zombie.ai_am animtable.

I don't need anyone to hold my hand through the whole process, just tell me what I need to do to get started.
Could I just rip the scripts/animtree/animtables with hydra and be set?
Do I need to port the anims as you would to add a mp weapon?
Do I need to define the anims in zm_genesis_zombie? That may sound stupid but when I tried to make my own .ai_am file, it wasn't recognized, even when I added it to my .zone file.
Would I need to set them up in an animtree?
I just need a push in the right direction, any help is greatly appreciated and of course would receive credit for helping my noob self.
Thanks for your time, and for reading my rambling.
Also sorry if this isn't the right section, I figured it'd be the best one since I'm trying to figure out what to do about the anims.

gunrock12:

I don't know if this will help but try to look at Harry Bo21 custom zombies civil protector:
that has a ai companion in it. maybe get in contact with Harry Bo21 himself perhaps he could help.
I do wish we could get Singlepayer ai characters in zombies maps.

Sleepy216:

I don't know if this will help but try to look at Harry Bo21 custom zombies civil protector:
that has a ai companion in it. maybe get in contact with Harry Bo21 himself perhaps he could help.
I do wish we could get Singlepayer ai characters in zombies maps.

That actually helped quite a bit thank you so much! If I can get it to work, I will release a text tutorial and download on the forum with everything someone would need for it.
I REALLY want to get it to work and I've got some time to dedicate to it. If I feel completely hopeless I'll try to reach out to Harry, I don't know if he's still active in the community and I'd hate to pester him.